An opportunity has arisen to become a key part of the Senior Management Team based at the Distribution Centre in Boston, Lincolnshire. As the Transport Manager, you will provide overall leadership for all aspects of the Transport operation as well as supporting the overall requirements of the site.
Managing a small fleet of LGV's and staff across a large geographical area, this demanding but exciting role requires the Transport Manager to be experienced in the management of all aspects of a fast paced transport operational environment and able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of transport legislation and its application within a multi drop operation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
* Ultimate responsibility for all day to day operations
* Successful integration of new business
* Ensuring high level of customer service to all sectors of the business
* Establishing a positive working culture, driving high levels of driver engagement
* Recruitment, retention and training of the distribution team
* Responsible for delivering against agreed budgets and KPI's
* Ensuring site compliance with all relevant employment / transport legislation
* Review existing operations to drive performance improvement
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
* Significant experience running a large distribution team and fleet
* Experience of multi drop operations
* A CPC holder
* Strong team player
* Proven leadership abilities
* Proven passion for customer service
* Good PC/System Skills
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.