Has anyone ever told you that you are outstanding at what you do? If so, then we need to talk, as we are looking to hire the 'Best of the Best'.
We are looking for a fearless and talented individual like you who can join our mission to be the best that the industry has to offer.
Is this you? Because it sure looks like you. That is if you are the intelligent hard working one with lots of ideas, that we have been looking for!
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our transport team in our depot based in Bristol. Reporting to the Regional Transport Manager, the Transport Manager will provide a high quality, cost effective transportation service in line with both their colleagues in operations and sales departments alike. This role will ensure that vehicles and staff all conform with every aspect of legal legislation and company policy and will be totally compliant with all necessities of the companies Operators licence, at the same time ensuring that all depot requirements are taken into consideration to provide a balanced service which will delivers within company SLA’s on a daily basis.
* To ensure all deliveries and collections are made on time and in compliance with current procedures.
* Daily resource to be planned for all trunking of mail across the network in line with volume and IMC/trunk forecasts.
* Able to work with an individual P & L account for their respective depot and to prepare all weekly cost reports in line with this.
* To recruit drivers and office staff within the agreed establishment levels and effectively managing staff holidays and sickness.
* To ensure all transport staff comply with the Mail integrity requirements and any relevant checks are regularly updated.
* To ensure that all vehicles are maintained in line with current O licence and company requirements, be it through company workshop or remotely.
* Monitor and carry out performance reviews with sub-contractors, introducing a better service or more cost effective supplier where appropriate.
* To encourage and assist in the development of each member of staff using the relevant training processes available.
* To ensure all staff comply with company Health and Safety policy.
* Compliance of all administration aspects within the transport department in the depot are adhered to.
* To ensure all driving staff comply with all regulations in line with driving hours/WTD and road legalities.
* Reporting and investigating of all accidents and carry out all follow up action where appropriate. Carry out disciplinary hearings when necessary in relation to all transport staff and with the assistance of HR.
* To development the transport department in conjunction with the Regional Transport Manager.
* Manage agency including all mail integrity training and accredited checks whilst controlling costs within workload dictation.
* To assist in controlling the van fleet within the depot in conjunction with the centralised planning department.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
* Management of all staff with in the depot transport organisation.
* Management of all day to day working within the depot transport.
* Manage the correct use of Health and Safety with in the depot transport staff.
* Liaise with Client Services and operations to promote excellent quality of service through cost effectiveness.
* Effective management of resource in line with budget.
* Legal compliance of depots operating licence.
Annual Bonus Scheme, 23 days holiday.
Transport | Manager | Logistics | Planning | Operations | Driver
* CPC National.
* Full clean driving licence.
* 3 Years’ experience of working in a busy traffic office environment.
* Working knowledge of vehicle and drivers hours’ regulation.
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
* Team player.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Able to influence and sell in ideas at all levels.
* Able to interact with colleagues to achieve workable solutions.
* Innovative enough to establish new processes to improve.
* Experience in managing individual P & L account with tight control on spend throughout the department.
* Working knowledge of Excel And Word.
* Good negotiation skills
* Desirable: CPC International
* Desirable: C, C+E driving Licence
Whistl is the second largest postal provider in the UK with an exciting range of mail, parcels and Doordrop media products and services, both in the UK and internationally. Each year we collect, sort, send and transport up to 4 billion items of mail and parcels for businesses, as well as handling, planning and managing millions of Doordrop items
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.