Medway Norse combines the exceptional facilities management capabilities of the Norse Group with Medway Council’s services, community and people. Medway Norse is one of our largest joint ventures, delivering a number of frontline public services including transport, waste and facilities management.
As Medway Norse continues to expand its services and partnerships, we are looking to recruit a Transport Manager to operate from their Gillingham depot. In this position, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the Special Educational Needs & Disability transport and in-house fleet service are managed, maintained, and fit for purpose.
This is a varied role, giving you responsibility for:
* Planning, costing and allocating routes and vehicles to meet clients’ needs
* Ensuring fleet vehicle are maintained and compliant with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements
* Promoting a high standard of customer service in the transport team
* Managing the SEND transport department, providing training, development and line management to the team
Our Successful Candidate:
We are looking for you to bring a combination of training, knowledge and experience to the role, demonstrated by:
Knowledge & Training
* Full UK Driving Licence with D1 category entitlement
* Hold a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) in Road Transport Management
* Member of the Freight Transport Association (FTA), Road Haulage Association (RHA) or similar
* Knowledge of PSV Operator’s Licence
* Proven experience in a similar managerial role in the transport sector
* Supervising and managing staff
* Managing budgets and contract
* Route planning and resource allocation
Personal Skills & Abilities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to training and development to colleagues
* Capable of building strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
To apply for this role, please click through to our website and upload your CV.
An enhanced DBS check will be carried out on the successful applicant. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.