Transport Manager – Nottinghamshire
Are you an experienced Transport Manager looking for a new challenging opportunity? Are you capable of managing a fleet of vehicles and a team of drivers? Are you competent with managing a very busy schedule? If this sounds like you then have a look at the job for Transport Manager below.
The role for Transport Manager will be based in Nottinghamshire and holds the sole responsibility for the management of the transport. The successful candidate will be tasked with the management of a fleet of vehicles, drivers and driver’s mates. This will include recruiting staff and developing them whilst ensuring the delivery schedule runs smooth.
I would expect the right candidate for the Transport Manager role to have similar experience of managing vehicles and staff effectively and have experience of driving Class1 HGV themselves. They will be an expert at Planning, Forecasting and using Microsoft applications. As standard they will have to be a clear communicator and be able to man manage a diverse team. Below are a few points but they are not exhaustive.
• Recruit a strong team and manage them effectively
• Ensure Customer Service is upheld
• H&S standards are maintained and adhered to by all staff
• Ensure the fleet are maintained by company, Vosa and legal standards
• Manage telematics and utilise to ensure Driver’s behaviour is acceptable
• Ensure Drivers vehicle checks are carried out and documented
• Liaise with different departments to ensure smooth running of transport department
• Manage any vehicle claims and involve any necessary departments
The business are a staff friendly company that offer a good benefits package with staff discount, memberships, childcare vouchers, pension just to mention a few.
** If this role sounds like its right for you then please apply. If you are do not match the criteria please do not apply
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.