GBA Services, one of the UK’s largest European dedicated express transport providers, has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Manager to join our team based in Amesbury. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £30,000 - £33,000 per annum depending on experience.
This exciting opportunity is based in Amesbury. You will be employed with GBA Services, one of the UK’s largest European Time critical Transport providers, operating over 350+ vehicles and trailers. We require a Transport Manager to ensure that SRD Amesbury vehicles are kept at a safe and law-abiding standard. You will manage a small team who will assist you to run a smooth and efficient department.
Benefits of becoming our Transport Manager
- Long term career with a stable market leader
- Holiday Loyalty scheme
- Company Healthcare plan
- Company Pension
- Childcare Vouchers
Key duties and responsibilities
- Compliance with all fleet and transport regulations
- Continuous manning of 24-hour control centre, including out of hours on call
- Maximise availability of fleet for operational teams
- Manage GBA staff in line with GBA Human Resources policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety ad welfare regulations and policies
- Ensure clear communications are maintained with all team members
- Manage the process of accident reporting, vehicle maintenance and servicing
- Ensure all vehicles accidents are accurately recorded and investigated with claim forms submitted via the online link
- Liaise with SRD Manager in regard to all repairs, accidents and incidents
- Ensure safe and well check reports are completed and returned to Scunthorpe Depot Manager in timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring driver holidays are monitored and updated accurately on the drivers plan/diary
- Develop relationships with agency to provide support for holiday cover
- Assess drivers on interview then reassess after completion of TJ Morris training
- Monitor drivers’ hours and ensure that Tachograph rules and regulations are being adhered to
What we’re looking for in our Transport Manager
- Certificate of professional Competence in Road Haulage
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office
- Category C driving licence
- Category C & E Driving licence
GBA Services specialises in delivering time critical logistics worldwide. Established in 1987 and headquartered in the UK, GBA Services provides time critical, temperature-controlled and high security logistics for clients spanning a wide range of business sectors such as aerospace, pharmaceuticals and automotive. The company maintains a highly adaptive approach, providing tailor-made supply chain solutions to suit customers with specialised needs. In addition, it offers off-the-shelf freight services by air, ocean and road.
GBA Services has dedicated subsidiaries in Poland, Austria, Germany and Portugal complemented by an extensive European and Worldwide Partner Network. GBA Services is a TAPA TSR2-certified carrier, operates its own fleet including GDP-compliant vehicles, and has access to a total of over 4,000 vehicles via its subsidiaries and European Partner network. It undertakes to provide quotes within 15 minutes of a customer call, and can have a vehicle on-site to collect within an hour, anywhere in Europe.
GBA Services is growing rapidly year-on-year and continues to invest in its people, equipment and facilities to underpin its ambitious growth plans.
If you think you have what it takes to become our Transport Manager please click “apply” today. We’d love to hear from you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.