Are you a Transport Manager with substantial knowledge and experience of fleet and transport service delivery?
We have an opportunity within the Operations team for an experienced Transport Manager to join us on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £38,889-£43,410 per annum plus benefits.
Braintree is an ambitious and dynamic Council and is becoming one of the fastest growing Districts in the East of England with three growing towns, London just 45 minutes away and the district located directly between the international transport centres of Stansted Airport and Harwich and Felixstowe International Ports. We have a deserved track record for delivering and a strong reputation within the business community.
In return we will offer you;
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Flexible working
- Free parking
- Local government pension scheme
- Learning and development for all staff
- Staff discounts at local businesses
- Staff recognition schemes
- Extensive health and wellbeing programme including discounted gym membership
About the Transport Manager role
This role is directly responsible and accountable for the safe and compliant management and delivery of the Council’s corporate fleet, including HGV and LGV vehicles and trailers. This includes managing the drivers on all fleet and vehicle related issues, alongside planning and delivering applicable training to them.
Fundamental to the role, is ensuring the Council and it’s drivers maintain compliance with the Operator’s Licence, all relevant legislation and the Council’s own processes and procedures.
What we’re looking for in our Transport Manager:
- Substantial knowledge and experience of fleet and transport service delivery
- Hold a Certificate of Professional Competence in National Haulage Operations
- Knowledge and experience of policy development, corporate and strategic planning and managing change
- Proven experience in performance management and quality assurance processes in service delivery are essential
- You will need to be an excellent communicator, enabling you to provide professional technical advice and guidance to support front line managers and report to the Senior Management Team, Directors and Management Board on key performance reports.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 10th October 2018
Interviews will take place: Week commencing 22nd October 2018
Braintree District Council is a great place to work. We pride ourselves on our creative, innovative and forward thinking approach that is led by our staff. We are committed to having an engaged workforce who understand our strategy and how they can help deliver it.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to join our team as a Transport Manager then please click ‘Apply’ today
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.