Experienced Transport/Logistics Manager required in Maidstone
Basic £27,000 - £32,000 (DOE)
Applicants must have a proven track record of managing within a General Haulage environment dealing mainly with tautliner traffic. You will also have experience of vehicle scheduling systems and be fully IT literate.
Responsibilities will include:
* Planning, organising and managing a fleet of vehicles together with the work of your team to ensure all customer requirements are met.
* Maximising vehicle utilisation to its fullest potential, while pro-actively seeking new opportunities to improve by growing the customer base.*
* Management of staff and drivers to ensure that Company Health & Safety policies are adhered to
* Ensure compliance is adhered to at all times for vehicles, driver hours and WTD
* Monitor P&L control on all aspects of the operation.
* Investigating and resolving customer complaint
* Controlling and reducing vehicle accidents
Requirements to include:
* CPC National (minimum requirement).
* Drive and passion to deliver on time.
* Good communication skills.
* Be able to motivate others.
* Knowledge of legislation.
* Must have a flexible approach to working hours during the week, Saturday working may be required.*
This is a challenging role within a dynamic organisation, offering good terms and conditions for an ambitious individual, as the successful applicant will be given every opportunity to develop within the group.
This role is one of many Transport/Logistics jobs in this area, please contact Jai at OSR Recruitment on (Apply online only) or email (url removed) to apply for the position and more information.
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.