An opportunity has arisen for a Transport & Operations Manager (transport biased) to join a family owned supply chain client based near Taunton.
Reporting to the Operations manager, you will;
* Day to day running of the site including the management of Health and Safety and compliance of regulations,
* Maintaining and developing the machinery on site
* Managing 17 employees (9 operatives, 6 drivers and 2 office).
Also you will:
* Checking all legal requirements of drivers and the fleet are being met and be able to query any discrepancies.
* Checking all vehicle servicing is up to date and all problems are rectified.
* Management of Raw Materials contract and stock control to establish the most efficient and cost effective routes for deliveries.
* On occasion you might be required to cover driver absence and cover some driving responsibility.
The successful candidate may have experience from ANY transport related background, will hold a Transport Manager CPC, ideally a class 1 license and be confident in managing a small team of employees
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.