£27k – £30k
I am currently working with a Lighting Manufacturer who is going through a period of growth and is looking to add to their dynamic team. They are an award winning manufacturer who has an excellent reputation with in the Architectural Lighting Market. They have been established for over 20 years and operate out of their state of the art head office in St Albans where you will even benefit from an on site chef.
As a result of this there is now a requirement for a Transport Manager to join the team. You will initially be based internally managing the day to day coordination and reporting of logistics department.
- Ensuring at all times that the vehicles are safe and meet all legal requirements.
- Ensuring that all Transport Team members are aware and adhering to their duties and procedures.
- Be in sole charge of directing all transportation activities.
- Monitor all the department expenses and report back ways of improvement to the Logistics Manager.
- Ensure that all functions of the department are under your supervision and operate in accordance with the company policies, including Health and Safety and the company Environmental Policy.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets the agreed objectives and delivers best practice.
- Review and implement ways in which the department can add value to the business.
- Manage and update all FORS standards including updating related documents and reports.
- Take the lead in resolving unforeseen problems that may arise and ensure that an appropriate resolution is reached.
- Update and provide tracking information to customers as well as internal parties.
- Monitor and record all accidents, health and safety concerns and licensing issues.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in managing a fleet of vehicles.
- Understanding of Health and Safety Regulations.
This is a great time to join a growing and dynamic team so please don’t hesitate to apply for more details
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.