The BJD Group has been engaged to find an experienced, customer focussed, Transport Manager for a logistics/transport provider. The position is based near Abingdon, Oxfordshire, with a salary of up to £30,000 - £35,000 + car.
A significant logistics solutions provider operating own sites and on customer sites.
As Transport Manager you will be operating from the customers site, responsible for all the Transport and a small operation team, whilst building rapport between internal departments and customers, to ensure smooth running of the whole fleet.
You will organise your team and fleet of vehicles to ensure performance levels are achieved and that the transport operation achieves targets within budget.
There is plans to implement a cross dock operation on-site, so if you have experience with this, that would be fantastic.
• Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations.
• Ensure the operation consistently meets the requirements of the business via management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Ensure the operations comply with all relevant transport legislation and runs safely.
• Contract ownership in a highly customer facing role.
• Ensure the fleet is running efficiently
To apply for the position of Transport Manager, you must have already had management responsibility for running a busy transport operation, with again a key focus on customer service.
• Demonstrable knowledge of relevant transport legislation, including tachographs and Working Time Directive (WTD)
• Excellent people management and leadership skills
• National or International CPC
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of circa £30,000 - £35,000 + car
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with successful organisation within an ever changing environment where the impact of your work will be highly visible across the organisation.
Based in Abingdon area it is commutable from:
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at (url removed) for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at (url removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.