BJD have been engaged to find a dedicated Transport Manager for a Logistics Provider in Crawley. Salary on offer is £30,000 dependant on experience.
The company is a well-known local Logistics provider. Shifts are Monday – Friday with an early start and finish each day (6am – 4pm).
As a Transport Manager, you will be responsible for the Drivers and Transport Clerk, managing a General Haulage and Pallet Network operation. Therefore Transport Planning experience is essential and you will be managing a fleet of around 10 Vehicles.
• Manage Transport Operation
• Plan vehicle routes using bespoke systems as well as manual planning where required
• Enhance profitability by highlighting cost reduction improvements and identify new opportunities
• General Haulage + Pallet Network
• Liaise with the team to ensure that store service levels are consistently met and take appropriate action where necessary
• Produce daily collection and delivery schedules for the next working day
You will be a dedicated Transport Manager used to dealing with all aspects of Transport Planning, and team management of self-employed drivers and client management in a fast paced environment. You must have:
• International CPC Essential
• Transport Planning Experience
• Expert local geographical knowledge.
• General haulage and pallet network experience
• A driven transport professional willing to work hard.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Location is based in Crawley
Easily commutable from:
• East Grinstead
Package and Prospects
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a company who have an excellent reputation for developing talent.
On offer is a salary is up to £30,000 dependant on experience.
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to send us an up-to-date copy of your CV.
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at (url removed) for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at (url removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.