Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Transport Manager for its busy operation in Bolton.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to join a market leader within their specialist logistics service streams, concentrating on delivering quality customer service and continuing to achieve its strategic growth plans.
Regional Transport Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Regional Transport Manager, the Transport Manager will provide a high quality, cost effective transportation service in line with both their colleagues in operations and sales departments alike. This role will ensure that vehicles and staff all conform with every aspect of legal legislation and company policy and will be totally compliant with all necessities of the companies Operators licence, at the same time ensuring that all depot requirements are taken into consideration to provide a balanced service which will delivers within company SLA’s on a daily basis.
* To ensure all deliveries and collections are made on time and in compliance with current procedures.
* Daily resource planning for all trunking across the network in line with volume and IMC/trunk forecasts.
* Able to work with an individual P & L account for depot and to prepare weekly cost reports in line with this.
* Recruit drivers & office staff within agreed levels and effectively managing staff holidays and sickness.
* To ensure all transport staff comply with integrity requirements
* Ensure all vehicles are maintained in line with current O licence, through company workshop or remotely.
* Monitor and carry out performance reviews with sub contractors
* Development of each member of staff using the relevant training processes available.
* To ensure all staff comply with company Health and Safety policy.
* Compliance of all administration aspects within the transport department in the depot are adhered to.
* To ensure all driving staff comply with all regulations in line with driving hours/WTD and road legalities.
* Reporting and investigating of all accidents and carry out all follow up action where appropriate.
* To development the transport department in conjunction with the Regional Transport Manager.
* Manage agency including all integrity training and accredited checks
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
* Management of all staff with in the depot transport organisation
* Management of all day to day working within the depot transport
* Manage the correct use of Health and Safety with in the depot transport staff
* Liaise with Client Services and operations to promote excellent quality of service through cost effectiveness
* Effective management of resource in line with budget
* Legal compliance of depots operating licence.
Key skills (Technical):
Experience (type and level ):
* 3 Years experience of working in a busy traffic office environment.
* Working knowledge of vehicle and drivers hours’ regulation.
* Working knowledge of Excel And Word
* Experience in managing individual P & L account.
Essential: CPC National
Desirable: CPC International
Desirable: C, C+E driving Licence
Gap Professional is acting as an employment agency on behalf of its client
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.