Transport Manager (CPC)
£38 - £45k Band 10% Bonus Plus Package
Client: Leading UK Supply Chain Solutions Provider
Location: Milton Keynes area MK9 2HQ - commutable from Northampton, Bedfordfordshire and Luton areas
Our client is a UK market leader in supply chain solutions.
This business has ambitious plans for growth and is investing all the country to achieve this growth. They are now looking to strengthen their operational team with the addition of an experienced Transport Manager.
Reporting to the UK Transport Operations Manager, the purpose of this role is to ensure delivery of a safe, legally compliant and cost-efficient transport operation within a depot environment, overseeing your team. You will ensure all conformance to legal legislation and the companies Operators license.
You will focus on following transport systems and identify / develop new systems and processes to meet the needs of the business.
You will lead, manage and develop your depot transport team with team leaders and co-ordinators. You will maintain and develop external customer relationships, delivering a first-class service to our internal customers and external clients.
Ensuring fully compliant deliveries and collections – controlling the fleet
Ensure all vehicles are maintained in line with the current O Licence
* Responsible for reviewing and acting on opportunities to reduce operating cost-base
* Responsible for multi-channel Transport operation
* Ensures client collection service levels are met
* Builds close and effective relationships working cross-functionally with support teams such as Central Transport Planning, Finance and HR teams
* Lead and manages transport teams to ensure optimised driving, delivering best-in-class fuel consumption
* Effective resourcing, management and control of third party carriers against time-critical delivery windows and reporting thereafter.
* Ensure health and safety practices are in line with company policy and legal obligations are met
* Ensure legal compliance and company expectations within this area are adhered to
Qualifications and Experience:
* Extensive knowledge of transport processes and practices, ideally including P&L accountability.
* CPC Qualification is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL
* Operational transport management experienced in leading a team
* Experience in change-management in a fast paced and rapidly evolving business
* Able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment.
* Effective communicator who can influence at all levels.
* Must be able to lead, manage, motivate and communicate effectively to all areas and levels of operations staff.
Key focus on achieving service excellence within agreed cost parameters while maintaining a strong customer facing position and driving improvement in customer satisfaction.
5 years Transportation Management experience is essential, leading a team
CPC Licence Essential
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.