Here is a fantastic Transport Manager position for a company who are looking to hire as soon as possible.
We are currently recruiting for an all hands on deck Transport Manager to join our client based in Slough on a permanent basis.
Great opportunity to work with a national leading business within the FMCG industry.
If you like to very much lead from the front and can work alongside your Drivers to not only coordinate a seamless delivery service but also gain the respect from your team to ensure you a utilising them to their talents then we could have the job for you.
This definitely a Transport Manager position that requires day to day involvement with the drivers, forward thinking and problem solving as well as the background experience to deal with insurance companies and keeping up to date the Road Regulations.
What you’ll get in return is working for a business that truly appreciation and motivate their staff as well as a very competitive benefits package including 34 days holiday, annual bonus and generous pension contributions and free parking.
Main duties include:
- Managing a team of 12 ensuring all allocation of duties, monitoring staff levels, appraisals, KPI's etc.
- Routing deliveries to ensure efficiency is maximised
- Liaise with 3rd party couriers as and when needed
- Carry out scheduled vehicle checks
- Provide management reports weekly
- Update knowledge of all transport legislation and ensure the business stays compliant
- Investigate any accidents and liaise with relevant insurers
- Any other relevant tasks
Skills and Essentials
- Multi drop driving and management experience is essential
- Experience in SAP is beneficial
- Knowledge of transport legislative requirements
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory position
- Good analytical and numerical skills
Should you find you suit the position detailed, then do submit your CV for consideration.
We are an independent recruitment agency who are celebrating our 40th year of supporting local candidates find local opportunities. Based centrally in both Uxbridge & Windsor we offer permanent, temporary and contract recruitment services within Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and the West London region.
For the purpose of the Conduct Regulations please be advised that when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We take your personal data seriously and take every step to protect it. To learn how we handle your data please visit our website where you can find our Data Privacy Notice
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.