Fixed term contract
Our client, a leading independently owned waste management operator, is looking to recruit a Transport Manager to work on prestigious commercial waste collection contracts in the South East. This will be a fixed term contract for a period up to 12 months.
Reporting directly to the Depot Operations Manager, the jobholder will be responsible for assisting with the safe and efficient operation of the waste collection contracts and the defined areas of responsibility within the depot, including the management of the employees they are responsible for. The jobholder will ensure full compliance with all legislation regarding the Company’s activities and, in particular, the Company’s Goods Vehicle Operating Licence. The jobholder must make every effort to ensure, through their Transport Office Co-ordinator, drivers and operatives, that all customers receive the required service on the due day by using and managing resources available to them.
Applications are invited from candidates with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
* Certificate of Professional Competence or willingness to work towards achieving in a short space of time.
* Full clean driving licence, ideally with LGV Class 2 entitlement.
* Confident communicator, both written and verbal, with employees and customers.
* Have at least 2 years’ experience within the waste management industry in a supervisory or managerial position, with proof of success and effectiveness.
* Computer and IT literate with a good understanding/working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases.
* Good numerical skills to enable an understanding of budgets and manipulation of data for reporting purposes.
* Strong supervisory skills to assist with motivation of team in order to achieve success at the depot.
* Sound working knowledge of current, and any upcoming, legislation that may affect the Company’s business i.e. Health & Safety, EU Drivers’ Hours and Goods Vehicles Operating Licensing and a good understanding of Employment Law.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.