Transport Manager – Days, based in Harlow
£60,000pa + car and benefits
Great opportunity for a Transport Manager with up-to-date knowledge of transport legislation and previous experience of managing a large multi-temperature transport operation.
You will be joining a successful management team at a depot servicing the retail sector. The main priorities of your role will be the co-ordination of the transport operations to ensure the timely, efficient and cost-effective delivery of multi-temperature products. It goes without saying that we seek a highly experienced transport professional with well-honed operational abilities gained within a high-volume, multi-temperature environment. You must be CPC qualified and fully conversant with up-to-date transport legislation and the Working Time Directive. Furthermore, you will have a contagious passion for continuous improvement; the kind of individual who constantly strives to improve operational efficiencies and fleet performance whilst minimising costs. You will allocate resources, organise schedules and ensure that robust planning is in place to meet agreed service levels. You will be a compelling leader who promotes a customer centric ethos and is able to develop and motivate a large transport team to improve performance. H&S, safe working practices, high standards of hygiene and high levels of security within the working environment will also appear high on your list of priorities.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Ultimate responsibility for all day to day transport operation
• Successful integration of new business
• Ensuring high level of customer service to all sectors of the business
• Establishing a positive working culture, driving high levels of driver engagement
• Recruitment, retention and training of the distribution team
• Responsible for delivering against agreed budgets and KPI's
• Ensuring site compliance with all relevant employment / transport legislation
• Management of service contractors
• Supporting the site for management of site facilities
• Review existing operations to drive performance improvement
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
• Significant experience running a large distribution team and fleet
• Experience of managing service contracts
• A CPC holder
• Strong team player
• Proven leadership abilities
• Proven passion for customer service
• Good PC/System Skills
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.