Transport Manager Job, Based in Carmarthen, Paying £35,000, Permanent Role
Your new company
Your new role is with an Environmental company that have years of experience in the waste, materials recycling and recovery industry.
Your new role
* An opening for a Transport Manager has recently come up – you will effectively manage drivers to ensure efficient and effective productivity
* You will have excellent people management skills, and ability to lead and motivate the team
* To make sure all movement of material both internal and external is carried out in the most cost effective and efficient manner by making use of effective route planning and by maximising pay loads
* To manage both internal and external transport movements in line with the company requirements including recycling and waste transfers by liaising with Site Managers and all Commercial collections
* To make sure all required documentation is completed and processed in a timely manner
* Ensure that compliance and promoting the company health and safety culture at all times
* To keep Transport staff up-to-date on all mandatory and specific training
* Managing team performance and individual performance, overseeing sickness/absence within the department effectively and conducting return to work interviews
* Managing probationary review meetings for new starters
* Ensure that staff comply with the Employee Handbook including Health and Safety
What you'll need to succeed
* You will have had at least 2 year’s recent experience in Transport Management
* Experience of working with Waste would be advantageous.
* Ability to work to deadlines, possessing strong organisational and problem-solving skills
* Speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.