Transport Manager - Newchapel
Biffa is the UK's leading integrated waste management company providing collection, recycling, treatment, disposal and technologically driven energy generation services across four operating divisions.
We control the largest volume of waste in the UK which places us at the centre of a dynamic and growing sector, providing indispensable services to all UK businesses.
Main Purpose of Job:
As a Transport Manager, you will be responsible for personnel, monitoring their progress and being their first point of contact should a problem arise making communication skills vital.
The Transport Manager is responsible for organising and overseeing all health and safety checks and routine vehicle checks and adhering to both company and statutory requirements.
The Transport Manager must also be involved in strategic development and the maintaining of any administrative records, regularly communicating with the Traffic Dispatchers to ensure a smooth operation.
• Provide leadership, give work instructions and monitor the performance of traffic dispatcher's drivers and operatives, i.e. Review of Depot KPI's- Service, Safety and Profitability.
• Manage, motivate, train and develop team as required.
• Deal effectively with underperformance, implementing disciplinary procedures as appropriate
• Absence management, e.g. conduct return to work interviews.
• Vehicle management, including liaison with fleet, safe vehicle operations, wheel security, monitor vehicle gross weights.
• Ensure compliance with transport / environmental legislation including any third party insurance claims.
• Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency, reduce operating costs, increasing margin and meeting budget targets set.
• Ensure that all aspects of Health & Safety are adhered to, including H&S induction and training, operating procedures, near miss reporting and emergency procedures.
• Complete all administrative tasks associated with role, including work sheets, tachograph records, payroll records and holiday rotas.
Experience / Qualifications
• Service or logistics industry experience
• People and health & safety management experience
• Demonstrable experience of successful resource management / cost control
• Proven track record of working to clearly defined service delivery KPI's
• Transport legislation, e.g. Drivers' Hours
In return we offer a competitive package and excellent career progression
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.