Are you an experienced Transport Manager looking to get your teeth sunk into
a new challenge?
You’ll be responsible for the smooth running of the site, making sure you are consistently delivering KPI’s as outlined in the contract. Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate the ability to identify opportunities to minimise business cost through effective P&L management.
* Providing leadership and guidance for the Transport Supervisor and Transport Clerks to enable them to meet objectives, encouraging open communication between them to address delivery issues effectively and in a timely manner.
* Ensuring all road transport statutory requirements are met, taking immediate action to rectify any potential infringements
* Liaise with external suppliers to ensure the effective use of hire vehicles/subcontractors, minimising the cost impact to the business
* Ensure a thorough and robust debrief process is conducted
* Monitor KPI and budget performance to identify and implement continuous improvement programmes
A Little About You….
* Fully conversant with up-to-date transport legislation and legal requirements
* Experience supervising and developing a team in a complex transport environment
* Continuous improvement of operational efficiencies and fleet performance whilst minimising costs
* You will understand the best practice processes for your functional areas e.g. picking, packing and transport operation.
* It is preferred you have experience using sector specific electronic management tools e.g.; ISOTRAK, Voice picking and hand held technology
* CPC National Qualification is preferred
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Nights Transport Manager, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.