Brewster Partners are working with our client who are a logistics business in Rotherham, looking for a Transport Manager/Co-ordinator on the night shift 6pm - 6am on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. We're looking for someone suitably experienced and able to start as soon as possible.
In this role you would be responsible for the execution and planning of the drivers work schedule, making sure this is done efficiently. Customer service is really key in this role, including quality of driver performance and compliance.
Outline of Main Duties:
· Operate the shift plan in place effectively making any changes needed to the plan in order to ensure that the work flows throughout the shift
· Ensure all drivers are briefed prior to their shift and allocate work
· Ensure drivers are dressed appropriately for the role including wearing the correct PPE as required prior to departure.
· Ensure Drivers infringements are captured daily and ensure infringements are de briefed face to face and on FTA
· Defect reports are monitored daily with any issues raised and dealt with in a quick and timely manner, investigate new damage on trailers and tractor units
· Damage and accident reports are completed and investigated in a timely manner
· Trailer service dates are adhered to, full communication with the garage and planning team
· Ensure any goods returned are checked, logged and dealt with as per customer requirements
· Ensure all drivers receive a full induction and all SSOW'S are completed prior to starting work
· Produce KPI reports for the business managers and produce hand over reports
· De Brief drivers accordingly to ensure that jobs have been completed correctly, PODS have been scanned, vehicle washed, filled with fuel and tachograph information is downloaded at the end of each shift / working week
· Manage and support Transport Shift Co Ordinator's in their day to day role
· Co-ordinate all Group unit/trailer breakdowns and all relevant information is passed on.
· Ensure all tyre call outs are reported and completed
· Oversee all deliveries to ensure they are on time, progress chase drivers and log the reason for any late or failed deliveries on Truckcom
· Working with the Transport Manager to ensure that all legal requirements are adhered to with regards to tacho downloads, vehicle downloads, driver hours and Transport legislation and that any offences are discussed and signed off with appropriate drivers
· Identifying training needs of individuals through performance and appraisal processes
· Ensure a Shift hand over is completed with detailed handover notes and follow up action for on coming Shifts
· Liaising with Customer Services and the Transport Planning team in relation to any potential service issues or operational needs, e.g.: - shot loads, where accountability must be investigated
· Maintain compliance of H&S, ISO9001 and 14001, policies and procedures
To be successful in your application you need to have recent experience in a similar role and be able to work night shifts on a 4 on 4 off rota basis - 6pm - 6am. We're looking for someone with strong customer service skills and the following:
Experience of working in a busy transport office (General Haulage environment)
Experience of General Haulage route planning
Comprehensive knowledge of Drivers Hours, WTD and Road Transport Regulations
Strong people management skills, leading by example and engaging with colleagues at all levels
Ability to train and develop people
Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages
Excellent IT, communication and customer service skills
International CPC would be desirable, however knowledge of Transport law would be an advantageTHE BENEFITS:
20 days holiday
Pension scheme & life assurance
On site parking
Staff unifromBrewster Partners Business & Office Support is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing jobs in in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of business and office support recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at for more information
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.