Berry Recruitment are one of the largest driving divisions in Kent with great opportunities to offer, come and be part of a team.
Our Client are based in Maidstone, and are seeking to employ a Transport Manager to support it's fleet of construction haulage vehicles. The role has become available due to early retirement of the current Manager, who will be available for a transitional period to support the incoming person. The role is to take a transport management position within a small, effective, hardworking team, to be part of the ongoing development of the business.
• Ensure all drivers are aware of their responsibilities, have the correct training and are carrying out their obligations with regard to operating a company vehicle.
• Ensure the company are operating within the law with regard to vehicles, people and planning / O licence and FORS Bronze standard.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain the records to ensure the company fulfils legal obligations, O Licence compliance and WTD.
• Maintain FORS accreditation currently Bronze.
• Work alongside the Fleet Manager to assist with daily defect reports, weekly vehicle checks, vehicle servicing and repairs, and to ensure that any vehicles operating on the fleet are maintained, fit for purpose and insured
• Download and process data from telematics, cameras, driver cards and company card, upload the data for analysis and debrief the drivers accordingly.
• Liaise with suppliers, authorities and drivers with regard to vehicle servicing, fuel cards, tags, parking requirements and penalties.
• Maintain training records and arrange training accordingly.
• Ensure transport operations, practices and procedures are managed in line with Company's Health and Safety policy and other legal and statutory compliance's.
• Carry out accident investigations to completion.
• Assist with recruitment, induction and initial training of newly employed and agency drivers.
• Deliver effective training, coaching and development of all drivers.
• Work alongside the group directors to review operations to reduce operating costs and keep asset downtime to a minimum.
• Ensure fuel is purchased at most efficient rates maintaining records to identify unusual trends.
• Health and Safety representative and First Aider.
• Complete training as requested. • Other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
Candidates will need the following skills or preferred:
• Previous experience in Transport Manager role or Transport Administrator role with aspirations to become a Manager.
• CPC qualified or will undertake (training given).
• FORS Practitioner training or will undertake
• Sound knowledge of transport compliance requirements. • Full valid driving licence.
• Effective people management and coaching skills. • Experience of Tom Tom Web fleet all an advantage.
• Computer literate and attention to detail
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.