Salary & Benefits:
* £34,000.00 per annum,
* 20 holidays + Bank Holidays,
* free parking,
* free company shirts / blouses.
* This is a permanent position 42.5 hours per week.
Established in 2001, Pier UK Ltd is the market leading specialist in
Vacuum Excavation hire, based in the North West with UK coverage. Due to
continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced
Transport / Plant Manager to join our team at the company’s head office
Ensure the effective operation of the workshop function, driving
continuous improvements and other solutions to deliver a premium and
cost effective service
Responsible for circa 80 Vehicles ranging from 32 ton HGV trucks down
to small vans.
Managing the performance of the fleet in order to ensure maximum
operational efficiency and service excellence
Recording breakdowns, ordering parts and sourcing new suppliers of
Responsible for 3 fitters carrying out the repairs to vehicles.
Maintaining all records to a high standard in order to satisfy our
Operators licence and FORS etc.
Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
Skills and Experience needed:
The successful candidate must have proven experience within the
transport or plant hire industry and be able to demonstrate this
Strong leadership experience and an effective communicator across all
Possess the ability to pro-actively plan ahead and work on your own
* This is an ideal job for someone who has perhaps worked for a company
with a large number of trucks and drivers.
* They want to continue to exercise their experience but reduce the
daily pressures they have been used to.
* Having existing experience in construction related equipment would be
an advantage but not necessary.
* Please note it is not necessary to hold a transport managers CPC and
that this position does not require the daily liaising with the
drivers of the trucks
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.