P Flannery Plant Hire is one of the biggest Plant Hire Companies in the UK
We are currently looking for a transport manager who also does the routing is required for our Manchester Depot. The fleet for the depot is made up of 6 HGV's consisting of Lowloader's and Beavertail lorries.
The role will include.....
Daily routing and planning of vehicles ensuring compliance to EU driver and working rules.
Ensuring compliance of loads including STGO.
Maintain compliance with operator licence requirements at all times
Ensuring vehicles are made available and either deliver to maintenance providers or collected.
Ensure daily checks are completed.
Must have good people skills and communication.
The successful candidate will be part of a team so will have a support of compliance director and other support staff.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
The candidate must have experience and hold a transport managers CPC, TM will be nominated on the licence.
• Manage yourself incl day to day tasks, forward planning and reports.
• Keep thorough and accurate records, hard and electronic copies incl back-ups.
• Maintain Operator Licence Compliance.
• Maintain Professional Competence and repute.
• Assisting the various company transport managers
• Assisting/advising Directors on transport related matters
• Day to Day Management of the Drivers on an as and when basis.
• Daily contact dealing with any problems.
• Assisting in planning and answering questions about:
• Manual Printouts, Weekly driving hours, daily/weekly break planning.
• Driver defect reporting and walk round checks.
• Drivers Induction and Assessments
• Keeping driver files up to date
• Keeping HGV and trailer files up to date
• Managing Driver time off/Holidays and replacements
• Driver Induction paperwork and education
• Licence Checks, Driver Eligibility Checks, Licence Digi Card and DCPC Expiry Dates monitored
• Plan and arrange Driver Training
• Deliver Tool Box Talks together with the transport manager/Director.
• Analysis of Tachograph information
• Drivers Hours Infringements
• Working Time Directive infringements
• Producing league tables for infringements
• Driver cards and vehicle downloads
• Disciplinary incl warnings, letters, fact finding interviews, and dismissals.
• HIAB Crane PMi, Annual Testing, Maintenance and Repairs.
• (Vehicle & Driver) Major & Minor incident investigation, report writing and rectification.
• Dealing with all vehicles in the fleet incl HGV’s, Trailers, Vans, Plant trailers, HIAB Cranes and Cars.
• Vehicle Files (Create, maintain update)
• PMi Inspections Plan and Ensure vehicles are available.
• Scrutinising PMi & MOT sheets, rectification and signing off.
• 2 & 6Yr Tacho Checks
• Tyres, monitoring, maintaining and call outs
• Wheel removal management, retorquing and ensuring paperwork is correct
• Maintenance & Repairs
• Dealing with the Maintenance Provider
• Vehicle Reports (Missing Mileage)
• Daily Defect Reporting
• Defect Rectification paperwork
• Wall planner (Keeping the wall planner updated with PMi, MOT, VED, Repairs, VoR)
• Oversee transport planners, keeping an eye on routes, times, drivers hours, who is driving, PMi & MOT schedules
• Audit preparation RHA, DVSA or Independent.
• Dealing with ordering parts and services, tyres, hydraulic pipes, windscreens, dealing with suppliers invoices and raising purchase orders
• Fuel card, invoice checking, Card & PIN Management.
• Keeping accounts of money spent on vehicles and trailers.
• Managing Chains, Binders and lifting equipment (Vehicles & Workshop)6 Monthly checks and quarantine.
• Monitoring trackers and Scania analysis information
• Keeping the Driver training matrix updated.
• Assisting with completing On The Spot Audits on vehicles leaving or entering the yard.
• Depot Health & Safety weekly and quarterly audits, incl reporting & rectification.
• Assisting with Insurance claims.
• Dealing with complaints from members of the public & customers regarding drivers or vehicles.
• Managing the camera systems on the vehicles, installation, maintenance, viewing footage, investigation of incidents.
• Assisting MD, Directors and fleet manager, Plant Manager and Transport Planners with the day to day running of the transport department and any transport related topics
• Attend Training days as required
• Supplying and finding out accurate, up to date information regarding any transport related topic when asked
• Updating of policies and procedures involving drivers
• Monthly, Quarterly or Annual reviews on all parts of the transport Department
• Informing the OTC of any penalties or convictions
• Keeping the MD, Directors and Fleet Manager informed of any problems involving Drivers or Vehicles
• Keeping a written daily transport diary.
• Keeping a record of the daily transport run sheets.
• Keeping a record of who is driving what vehicle.
Previous experience is essential in transport & delivery of plant is essential.
An attractive salary will be offered for the right candidate
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.