First Choice Recruitment is looking for Transport/Fleet Manager to cover maternity leave for 1 year.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, as Fleet Manager you’ll take legal responsibility for our company vehicle fleet. As our go-to transport expert, you’ll provide advice to departmental and senior managers, whilst ensuring compliance with all legislation and regulations.
This is a varied role and responsibilities include:
* Day to day management of Company cars, vans and HGV’s,
* Monitor legal compliance and take action against areas of non-compliance,
* Arranging and monitoring SMRs across the fleet,
* Ensuring driver competency including driver training and eligibility to drive,
* Ad-hoc reporting and project work,
* Effective claims management – liability decisions, court papers, monitoring/analysis of claims reserve,
* Work cross functionally with all areas of the business ensuring correct information/advice is provided,
* Incidents & accidents dealt with efficiently and investigated where required,
* Keeping up good relations with suppliers and manufacturers,
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in multi-site transport management, preferably within the retail sector and/or in materials distribution.
* A CPC Transport Management Qualification is essential;
* NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Heath would be desirable;
* Detailed understanding of Transport Operations is essential;
* Process driven approach and excellent attention to details;
* Excellent people management and co-ordination skills;
* Have a logical, organised and process driven approach
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.