Questor Travel is an exciting and innovative new travel company which, from October 2019, will be selling luxury holidays, flights, hotels as well as other travel ancillary products to customers from around the world. Questor Travel is part of the Riverside family of companies which also owns Questor Insurance, an award-winning independent provider of car hire excess and other niche insurance products distributed in over twenty countries.
Questor Travel is a member of a consortium of over three hundred and fifty travel agencies from around the UK; the Global Travel Group, which is part of dnata. dnata is the global leader in travel, with over ten million customers travelling with dnata companies in 2018 alone. dnata is well known for its wide array of travel related services including ground handing, travel, cargo and in-flight catering. dnata itself is part of the Emirates Group – owner of Emirates Airline.
We are based in Maidstone (take a tour of our office), and within walking distance of all three Maidstone train stations, and just forty five minutes from London. We are looking for an experienced Travel Manager, ready to take on this unique opportunity at the heart of launching an exciting new venture.
We value the importance of job satisfaction and making our working environment a fun place to be. The salary for this role is competitive (circa £30,000 p.a. OTE). Benefits include;
• Opportunities to gain professional qualifications and additional training
• 22 days’ annual leave (increasing to 25 over three years)
• Extra days leave to celebrate your birthday
• Perkbox membership
• Employee of the Month & Year
• Access to Employee Assistance Programme and online GP service
• Benefit from a private healthcare programme
• Contribution to a private pension scheme
• Car parking space onsite
• Sales related bonus
You will be a high achiever, with a genuine passion for travel. You will deliver an “Unexpectedly Personal” service to our clients and have experience of working with a variety of travel products such as flights, luxury travel and cruising and first-hand knowledge of multiple destinations which will set you up perfectly for this role. You will also understand how to dynamically package holidays.
Ideally you will be a commercially aware Travel Manager, and ready to take that next step in your career and be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the travel industry. You will also be someone who understands and can demonstrate outstanding customer service, as well as passion, commitment, enthusiasm, proactiveness and flexibility which are all essential qualities that we look for in our staff.
The proposed hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
It is essential that you have:
• At least five years’ experience in the travel industry (preferably in both an independent agency and for a tour operator)
• Previous experience in people management
• Experience of dynamically packaging holidays
• A proven sales record, and target driven
• Superb attention to detail
• Knowledge & understanding of ATOL, ABTA and their rules, as well as any other relevant travel legislation
• An excellent grasp of the English language, both written and verbal (additional languages will be a huge plus) and a confident telephone manner
• Strong IT skills, we are a user of the Microsoft 365 suite
• Able to work on your own initiative, and deliver to agreed time scales
In addition, it would be great if candidates have/are:
• Knowledge of working with iSell/iBos
• A Travel and Tourism qualification (i.e. ABTAC or ABTOC or up to date equivalent, diploma or degree in a travel/tourism related field)
• Travel marketing experience
• Experience of working in an agency within a travel consortium
• Well-travelled, experiencing a variety of different genres
Applying for this role
If you think you are who we are looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply please send your CV with a covering letter (explaining why you are the right person to lead Questor Travel)
We, Riverside Travel Limited are an equal opportunity employer. We ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Our recruitment selection criteria and procedures (including the areas or media sources which are used in the recruitment process) are frequently reviewed to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities and that no applicant or employee is disadvantaged by provisions, criteria or practices which cannot be shown to be justified.
As an organisation assessing applicants’ suitability for positions which are included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order using criminal record checks processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Riverside Travel Limited complies fully with the Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. Riverside Travel Limited undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a criminal record check based on a conviction or other information revealed. Riverside Travel Limited undertakes to discuss any matter revealed on a DBS certificate with the individual seeking the position before withdrawing a conditional offer of employment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.