Our client is looking for a Van Network Transport Manager (Multi Site / Large Van Fleet), one is able to maximise contract profitability, control costs, invoicing, manage the supply chain solution and ensure the timely submission of financial data. Ensure service level targets are achieved and exceeded whilst minimising delivery and collection costs in line with budget. Manage all aspects of the contracts service centre ensuring the achievement of the contracts KPI’s as set out by both company and the customer
• Role is based out of Andover – yet the person would be expected to travel through-out the UK to our clients other various HUBS
• Salary: £42,000 to £48,000 basic
• Holiday Entitlement: 23x days + Bank Holidays
• Bonus Scheme as well
• Car Allowance / Company Car options (client dependant)
• Ensure the shared Network and Transport operations exploit all efficiency opportunity, maximising operational efficiency whilst delivering excellence in customer service.
• Ensure efficient cost and effective planning of the operation including warehousing, traffic and administration.
• Ensure all platforms are stable cost competitive and best in class service levels.
• Manage the operations ensuring that Service Level Agreement KPI’s are achieved
• Ensure management of all suppliers & support services at the operating sites.
• Ensure all relevant operational procedures are adhered to in order maintain
• Company quality standards and competitiveness
• Monitors and review operational performance and takes timely action to address any issues.
• Drives quality throughout the service centre challenging others to improve.
• Manages operation to meet required levels of productivity and ensure DVSA regulatory compliance.
• Controls costs ensuring that cost is only attributed where required.
• Develop and implement continuous improvement measures to drive the operational effectiveness of the contract.
• Understands and manages the key risks to the contracts ensuring escalation where necessary.
• Build and maintain relationships with key customer personnel by ensuring regular and effective contacts
• Keep the customer appraised of all products and benefits that HT can offer.
• Optimise revenue opportunities by offering our full range of services to customers and their wider parent company
• Liaise with Customer/Warehouse Manager to challenge existing methodologies and make recommendations as to best working practices and/or cost saving initiatives
• Liaise with Transport Manager (direct reports) to challenge existing methodologies and make recommendations as to best working practices and/or cost saving initiatives
• Create and present KPI’s to the customer and within the business. Identify trends and suggest ways of managing performance improvement where necessary
• Report on performance across the network, communicate with outbase management teams and ensure best working practices are reflected throughout
• Develop the customer base in terms of supplier collections maximising efficiency and profitability.
• Day-to-day liaison with the customer, resolving problems within scope of responsibility and jurisdiction.
• Work proactively with both on customer operations, call centre and external Suppliers to minimise issues and acts decisively when issues occur
• Represent the company at customer meetings ensuring all actions are completed within the allotted timescales.
• Dealing with and escalating customer complaints ensuring effective resolution and protecting the company image
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Is an experienced Transport/Logistics Manager with Commercial awareness?
• Proven success in operating within budgetary requirements whilst achieving and exceeding customer expectations
• Has National CPC qualification.
• Is literate and numerate to GCSE or NVQ Level 2 or equivalent standard.
• Comprehensive knowledge or Transport, Drivers hours, WTD and Employment law.
• Familiarity with Transport management systems
Aligra have been established since 2007 and have since implemented supply partnerships with a good number of the UK’s leading logistics companies.
People are the most important part of any business – and we are no different. At Aligra we only recruit recruitment consultants who show the right blend of professionalism, passion and commitment whose work ethic matches our 'Whatever it Takes' approach. Our team will always do what it takes to fulfil the Aligra ambition.
While we work across industries, we specialise in recruitment and talent management for the Accountancy & Finance, Professional & Executive, Automotive and Transport & Logistics sectors.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Aligra Personnel Limited, who are a recruitment business
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.