Workshop Technician– Ref: EE23218
Salary: G8 £28,768 to £32,808 per annum, plus tool insurance, standby & call out payments
Annual leave 27 to 32 days per annum (depending on length of local government service
This is a Full-Time/ Permanent post required to cover the Walsall Borough
We are seeking a qualified workshop mechanic. You will be required to work within a team of highly motivated fleet managers and workshop technicians supporting the delivery of key front line services such as refuse collections, grounds maintenance and street cleaning. The successful candidate will deliver maintenance and repairs to a diverse range of vehicles, plant and equipment in accordance with the requirements of the ‘Operating Licence’ of the council
- Inspect, service and/or repair vehicles, equipment or components, using the appropriate tools, equipment and facilities in a safe and proper manner, within standard ICME manual job times or allocated times given.
- Recovery of broken down vehicles and equipment using appropriate techniques to minimise risk to general public and/or employees without causing further damage.
- Conducting fault diagnostic checks on vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Interpret and implement technical service data and statutory maintenance standards.
- Conduct MOT testing as and when required
- Responsible for vehicle/machine maintenance and preparation, fuelling, washing and cleaning.To maintain fleet, equipment and machinery to ensure they are road legal including daily maintenance checks including tyres, fuel, water, hydraulics, visual damage, lights, beacons, tacho-graphs etc.
- To operate in accordance with the authorities Operating Licence and the requirements of the European Working Time directive.
Interested candidates should possess:
- Hold an appropriate Health and Safety Qualification
- Driving Licence – including minimum Class C
- Industry qualification – Motor trade industry - National Craftsman Certificate / Technician Certificate in the motor vehicle trade or equivalent
Please note this is a re-advertisement so previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: Monday 13 August 2018