My client are a well-established imports and distribution business, currently going through an extended period of growth and looking for a Warehouse & Logistics Manager to join the business. You will play a pivotal role in managing the Warehouse operations across two sites as well as developing a strategic approach to Logistics and shipping to move the business forward.
* Managing in excess of 15 permanent warehouse employees, plus seasonal agency employees taking the team up to 30-40 during busy periods
* Developing a strategic approach to Logistics across the business; working closely with the warehouse, buying team, supply chain, customers and 3PL and shipping partners.
* Identifying areas of inefficiencies within the warehouse and implementing new processes
* Ensuring KPI’s are achieved and exceeded; including minimising waste and working to deadlines
* Following strict Health and Safety regulations as well as instilling this mind-set within the team
* Leading by example in the warehouse to motivate others; helping with training and support when required
* Past experience within a warehouse or distribution centre at a managerial level
* Ability to plan and implement strategic change within the Supply Chain/Logistics department; dealing with international shipping partners, tendering, highlighting efficiencies and cost savings
* Strong awareness of Health & Safety Regulations in the warehouse
* A high level of planning and prioritisation skills
* Strong communication and customer focus
* Further learning with industry recognised qualifications would be beneficial but not essential
* Experience working on various warehouse management systems
The role on offer?
* Base salary £40,000-£50,000 DOE
* Mon-Fri 7:00am – 3:00pm – some flexibility for the right candidate
* A host of other benefits including fantastic pension, performance related bonus and more
If you are interested in the role and wish to find out more about this and other opportunities we have within the FMCG arena, please apply to the role today
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.