This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Warehouse & Logistics Manager to work for a Global manufacturing company in Hull. As Warehouse & Logistics Manager you will be responsible for effectively leading and managing the existing warehouse & logistics operations and ensuring the team are delivering on KPI and OTIF targets. This is an exciting opportunity to join the management team in a business that is benefiting from a recent investment. You will have a collaborative involvement with the ongoing growth strategy.
As Warehouse & Logistics Manager your duties will include but not be limited to:
• Recognise areas of improvement within the warehouse and logistics operations and implement strategies to increase the efficiency and overall effectiveness of the function.
• Effectively lead and manage the team, monitoring performance and ensuring performance targets are achieved.
• Manage shipments to customers of varying sizes, ensuring OTIF targets are maintained.
• Ensure transport costs are kept to a minimum without impacting on delivery times
• Management of all storage facilities including on – site and 3rd party.
• Ensure stock levels are maintained in order to fulfil production requirements whilst keeping stock levels to a minimum.
• Previous experience of Warehouse & Logistics management in a strategic role
• Experience of using ERP systems, preferably SAGE200
• Previous experience of managing a successful team and 3rd party transport/storage
• An understanding of lean manufacturing processes
• Attractive salary and company benefits
• The opportunity to have a collaborative strategic involvement in the companies continuous growth plans whist having the autonomy to deliver the results in your own style.
If you would like to apply for this role please forward your CV preferably in Microsoft Word format to us including your full postal address and contact telephone numbers.
• Edwards & Pearce is a professional recruitment consultancy with 11 specialist divisions managed by experts in their own area of recruitment
• Established in 1998
• Employ approx 30 staff
• 2 offices in Doncaster & Hull
• Edwards & Pearce operates according to a strict ethical code and aims to offer both candidates and clients the highest levels of professionalism and customer service.
• Edwards & Pearce has an enviable client base including plc’s, blue chip organisations and SME’s , global FMCG manufacturing, the public sector, charities and the Big 4 accountancy firms achieving preferred supplier status with many clients
• From the 2 offices based in Yorkshire, Edwards & Pearce successfully recruit for not only local, regional and national clients but has also undertaken and filled international assignments
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.