Job Overview: Retained exclusively by our client we are seeking an experience Warehouse & Logistics Manager;- a good Warehousing & Logistics systems professional highly proficient with enthused & strong organisation skills.
Role will suit a proven Warehouse Manager, Logistics Manager, Materials Logistics & Planning Manager ( MPL Manager ) or a Supply Chain Manager with good experience of Logistic mapping, Goods In / Goods out practices.
* The role of Warehouse & Logistics Manager is to manage the Warehouse and Logistics team for the day to day logistic functions of this established hi-volume plastics component manufacturer
* Management and improvements of all logistic functions and work flow of the plant
* Control and reporting of stock management to kanban and consignment principles
* Managing and initiating the suppliers for day to day function of goods dispatch and delivery of goods
* Using the Warehouse Management software system for the manufacturing plant and external warehousing, keeping accurate records
* Instigating and managing logistic departmental 5s and Lean principles
* Reporting within the daily meeting and weekly reporting as an active member of the management team
* Managing the logistic team for HR functions (shift management, appraisal, skill training, development, safety and disciplinary)
* Ensuring a safe working environment and adhering to standards within the logic functions and department
* Other functions as deemed necessary by the General Manager
* Reporting to the General Manager
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.