Job Overview: Working alongside our client who is part a successful injection moulding manufacturing group, we are looking for an experienced Warehouse & Logistics Manager.
Responsible for the day to day management of a team of 11 staff, the role requires management of Goods In, Picking, Packing and despatch functions across two sites. The role is also required to coordinate deliveries to customers in the local area with their vehicle fleet.
The role will require energy, drive and an ability to implement and measure improvement initiatives including inventory management, design and creation of a KPI reporting system and stock cycle count accuracy.
Key to the role is an ability to communicate with and deliver improvement to the wider business, both internal and external customers. The successful applicant must have the desire and willingness to move the department forward in its use of technology and consistent delivery-use of barcode scanners, inventory management, WMS skills are a must. An ability to contribute to improvement activity and lead change is essential.
* Managing The Receipt And Subsequent Stocking Of Goods In A Timely And Accurate Way.
* Managing Picking, Packing And Despatch Of Customer Orders In A Timely And Accurate Way.
* Management Of The Internal Supply Of Raw Material And Tools To The Mould Shop
* Ensuring Inventory Levels Are Maintained Accurately On The WMS.
* Experience leading a warehouse team.
* Positive approach to change and improvement.
* Experience of inventory management/stock location methods.
* Experience on warehouse processes-Goods In, Stocking, Picking, Despatch and associated documentation requirements.
* Experience of WMS – Warehouse management system
Good to have:
* Lean activities / continuous improvement methods
* Manufacturing industry experience / hi-volume product movement
* Knowledge of Quality Systems, ISO9001 and ISO14001
* Transport Management experience
* Knowledge of Kanban
Key Words: “Warehouse Manager”, “Logistics Manager”, “Logistics Supervisor”, “Supply chain manager”, “Injection Moulding”, Manufacturing, “Plastics manufacturing”, “inventory management”, “Goods-In”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.