A leading FMCG manufacturer is looking to recruit a Warehouse and Logistics Manager to take responsibility for ensuring all warehouse, logistics and weighbridge activities are conducted in line with site processes to safeguard customer requirements.
This business is currently expanding and undergoing a huge amount of investment. With a fantastic culture, they can fully support those who are keen to progress and develop their career.
This role requires an engaging but challenging leadership style and a high level of floor presence. You will be required to monitor the performance of your team operating in different areas across a 24/7 four shift structure.
Warehouse & Logistics Manager key responsibilities:
- To promote a strong EHS culture always leading by example
- Writing, reviewing and training risk assessments and safe operating procedures for the logistics and weighbridge processes.
- To lead, develop and motivate the logistics and weighbridge team leaders working as one team across four shifts
- Work closely with planning to ensure that you are maximising the output able to carry out.
- Ensure loads are loaded, tipped and through the weighbridge process at the planned times on the daily slot sheet and goods in schedule.
- To monitor performance throughout the shift and act quickly if required ensuring targets are met.
- Ensure accurate stock control and daily counts conducted reporting any high stock levels of concern.
- To promote team engagement at briefs and improvement projects.
- Manage the logistics and weighbridge teams holidays and absence with return to works conducted on all occasions
- Manage the teams holidays always ensure the shifts are fully manned and any overtime costs justified and within budget.
- To closely work with the supply chain manager to optimise shift performance capabilities.
Days, Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm
Ideally you will have at least three years experience within a similar role, working within an FMCG environment. Ideally you will have an understanding of EHS as well as writing and reviewing risk assessments. Experience of SAP would be an advantage
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.