Warehouse and Logistics Manager, Preston, c£40K
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly accomplished people manager to lead the operations across a large scale, multi-sited business.
Who are Sunshine Events? A multi award winning employer, “Sunshine Events is the largest event equipment hire company in the UK”.
We are a strong team of 50+ event entertainment specialists travelling throughout the UK delivering fun entertainment to multiple locations. Our extensive client base includes corporate brands such as ITV, Marriot Hotels, Virgin Media and Google, to name just a few.
Does this sound like you?
· I am a straight talking, operations professional
· I am commercially minded with previous experience working within a business leading role
· I believe in driving results through people by motivation and collaborative working
· I inspire a culture of trust, hard-work and autonomy within my teams
· I take a hands-on approach to my job and believe in making things happen
· I am accomplished in the implementation of continuous improvement processes
· I have creative problem-solving skills and confident decision-making abilities
If this sounds like you and want to work in a dynamic, fast moving, ‘fun’ environment this could be the opportunity for you!
What’s the Role? Stocking an extensive product range, the largest in their industry, Sunshine Events commands a strong market position and this role plays a pivotal part in driving the business forward to future success.
As Warehouse and Logistics Manager your role will involve planning and scheduling, staffing and recruitment, logistics and warehousing.
As the role plays an important part in driving change and delivering profitable growth the position requires someone with acute business acumen and natural leadership capabilities. The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of people development, company objectives and performance measures.
What will I get out of my new role?
· A competitive salary
· The opportunity to be part of an innovative and expanding business
· Outstanding opportunities for professional development
· Access to a pension scheme
· Support from a talented senior management team
· Thorough induction process
· Autonomy to make decisions
· Opportunities to innovate
· Enjoy your job!
What will my new role involve?
· Direct all operational aspects of the warehouse and logistics departments; including the day to day running and managing a team of fun experts who work multiple events/shifts/ 7 days per week and manage an ‘on call 24/7 service’
· Provide company reporting on operational capability, financials, forecasts overall staff leadership
· Reduce organisation costs, streamline operations and implement process improvement
· Identifying and implementing KPIs for each event/function
· Inventory and stock control management
· Motivate and manage remote teams across multiple sites
· Implement and design new CMS systems for all data capturing such as invoicing, payroll, KPI metrics and logistics scheduling
· Recruiting of training of staff as well as monitoring performance and progress
· Motivate, lead and encourage teamwork with the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met/exceeded
· Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all industry regulations & applicable laws; particularly health & safety
Please note this list of duties is not exhaustive and will change with commercial needs of the business.
If you are an experienced Operator and Leader and are looking for the opportunity to challenge yourself and join a business at an exciting time in its growth journey, then please apply online today
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.