Job Title: Warehouse Logistics Manager
Job Purpose: To manage the warehouse facility, team and logistics of inbound and outbound freight
Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5pm (40 hour week)
Salary: Competitive salary and excellent company benefits
Our client is a leading manufacturer and marketer of disposable medical devices used in interventional, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, particularly in cardiology, radiology, oncology, critical care and endoscopy. They are a customer-focused healthcare company by understanding customers’ needs, and innovating and delivering a diverse range of products that improve the lives of people, families, and communities throughout the world.
We are now seeking an experienced Warehouse Logistics Manager for a new facility set up in Reading with the responsibility of managing and recruiting a small team of warehouse operatives.
Summary of Duties
Responsible for the Warehouse facility and set up of a small operation. Manage and recruit a small team of 3 warehouse operatives as well as all round logistics activities.
Summary of minimum qualifications
• Must have strong and current warehouse and logistics management experience
• Strong leadership skills and people skills
• Recruitment and training of Warehouse Operatives
• Understanding of the whole operation from goods receipting, load and unload of trucks, order processing, pick and pack, stock controls and stock adjustments, returns
• Proficient computer skills – email, stock control system
• Attention to detail and positive approach to problem solving
• Improving logistics performance
• Maintaining the warehouse premises
• Health & Safety
• Completed primary education
• Excellent Communication to internal departments and customers
• Certificate to drive order-pickers (desirable)
• Strong leadership skills to manage and maintain a small team
• Ability to work under strict time constraints and set and meet deadlines
• Ability to approach each task assigned with a ‘can do, will do’ attitude
• Ability to manage work and the operation independently and work well with others
• To be all round and flexible
Infection Control Risk Category
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.