Working with a long standing and highly respected regional contractors I am currently helping to appoint a Logistics/Works Manager to a City Centre construction project in Chester.
My client are a leading, privately owned regional contractor. They operate throughout the North of England and have a long history of successfully delivering high value schemes for valued clients which is reflected in the fact that much of their workload is derived from repeat business clients.
They now have a prestigious city centre scheme imminent; a £20m new build, steel frame, mixed-use apartment scheme, consisting of 400 1,2 and 3 bed apartments above a mix of retail, commercial and leisure units.
The scheme is being overseeing by a strong team of long-standing staff including a Project Manager, Senior Site Manager, Site Engineer and Site Managers. They also require a Logistics/Works Manager to work within this team to assist the successful delivery of this prestigious scheme.
Responsibilities of the Works Manager include, but are not limited to:
* Ensuring the responsibilities identified to you in the Company Health and Safety Policy are conducted in accordance with the Company Management System (CMS)
* Site management of health and safety
* Assist the Project Manager by ensuring all staff, operatives and supply chain partners attend site inductions
* Manage and control daily activity briefings for the coordination of trade contractors and sub-contractors
* Manage and control of construction based logistics, plan for materials orders, sub-contractor and plant availability
* Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, across all functions including quality, health and safety and environmental
* Liaise with site based Environmental Manager to ensure compliance with environmental requirements including nuisance controls and pollution prevention
* Extensive work experience within the Construction Industry.
* Proven working experience being able to demonstrate previous responsibility and knowledge for site based activities.
* Good knowledge of building products, construction details, relevant rules and regulations and quality standards.
* A good understanding of all facets of the construction process.
* Ability to plan and see the bigger picture.
* Leadership and human resource management skills.
For more information, please contact Kris Convery on (phone number removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.