West London, W3
Manufacturer-owned Motor Retail Group
12-month maternity cover
Renault Retail Group seeks an Accounts Assistant to join our Regional Accounts Team based in Park Royal, West London. This role will be on a fixed term contract of 12 months to cover maternity.
Officially entitled ‘Regional Accounts Assistant’, this role is a unique opportunity for you as an accounts professional to join a blue-chip organisation operating retail dealerships and workshops on behalf of world-renowned motoring brands such as Renault, Nissan and Dacia.
Your remit will be cover a portfolio of ledgers from a number of our London regional branches. The main base for this role will be our flagship site, Renault-Nissan London West.
Day-to-day work will include account opening, customer allocations, reconciliations of various ledgers and journals, customer reports, cash collection, sales reconciliation, statement invoice queries, etc.
We will expect you to quickly be able to pick up and learn your core accounting duties and be keen to help on new tasks. In return you will be gaining commercial accounts experience with a thriving business.
Dependent on business needs and the performance of the new incumbent, there is a possibility that this fixed term contract may lead to a permanent position in the future.
Key requisites for candidates:
- Able and willing to work as an employee on a 12-month fixed term contract
- Current / very recent experience as an Accounts Assistant, entry-level / Junior Accountant, Assistant Accountant, bookkeeper or Purchase Ledger
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
- Rapid and accurate data entry (to be tested at interview level)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel, which will also be tested at interview.
- Intermediate skills in MS Word and the rest of the MS Office Suite
- Experience in handling finance / accounting systems
- Local to the West London area or within 40 minutes commute time
- An existing qualification in accounts, such as AAT
- Specific experience in handling any of the following accounting systems: ADP Drive or ADP Autoline (Kerridge), CDK Drive, SAP, or Sage
The hours for this role will be full-time Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. There will be a choice of working hours: either 8am to 5pm, 8:30am to 5:30pm or 9am to 6pm.
In return we offer a basic salary of £24,000 per annum.
Fringe benefits include 24 days annual leave, pension, employee benefit and discount scheme and excellent career prospects within the corporation.
A member of the Recruitment Team will call successfully shortlisted candidates.