Business Development Director – Home Based Covering the UK
- £45,000 - £50,000 Basic Salary depending on experience
- £60,000 OTE uncapped
- Prestige Company Car
- 25 Days Holiday
- Company Credit Card
- Phone & Laptop
About our Client:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very successful and growing independently run Accident Management Company who provide in-house post-accident services including outsourced claims management, repair management, legal services and replacement vehicles. Our client is looking for someone who can proactively identify, negotiate and implement new business opportunities to maximise profitability. To plan and execute Sales activities for our clients accident management and claims outsourcing services to sales prospects in the insurer and claims sector (Insurers/Claims Management Companies, Claims outsource providers, LEI’s, Brokers and Solicitors).
About the Role:
The Business Development Director role requires someone who is experienced of securing high value profitable new business with Insurers/Claims Management Companies, Claims outsource providers, LEI’s, Brokers and Solicitors. Our client is looking for someone that can quickly build credible rapport with new clients and play a major part of their growth plans.
The Business Development Director will:
- Achieve a unit/gross margin target through new business sales and marketing activities to agreed sales volumes, mix and timescale.
- Proactively monitor and measure personal performance, forecasting and sales pipeline and produce reports to the senior management team.
- Analyse industry and customer business trends and communicate forecasts/intelligence to internal stakeholders.
- Develop robust business cases and external presentations/proposals to engage and influence identified prospects
- Maintain and develop a robust database of sales prospects within the Salesforce CRM platform, producing and maintaining extensive strategic/tactical/operational account plans /including facilitating, co-ordinating contact strategy
- Effectively manage prospect relationships and negotiating new partner contracts.
- Maintain relationships with the key influencers and decision makers within Insurance Claims sector and effectively develop multi- layer relationships within their business
- Targeting accounts with circa £2m+ revenue per annum
- Negotiate against and achieve profitability plans
Our client is looking for someone who is exceptional at building strong new business pipelines and winning new business at senior management/board level and possesses the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment for a very ambitious business.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience in winning accounts of various size/value.
- Preferable recent career experience includes accident management, claims, legal services or credit hire
- Established contacts in the larger CMC, LEI, Broker and Insurer market, together with a good understanding of these markets.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Senior Strategic Sales role preferably new business/business development
- Thorough knowledge of strategic management principles and consultative selling approach
- Understands the principles of solution selling, market sector targeting, development and communication of value propositions.
- Proven business development skills including compelling bid writing and a proven track record of client acquisition and growth.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven experience and confidence in dealing across a multi-layered contact surface, from SME’s through to C-level.
- Knowledge of FCA rules and guidance and its application.
In addition you will need to have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full UK driving licence and prepared to travel extensively across the UK.
How To Apply
Call Mark Walker on either 01494 590443 or 07701 283045.
PIE Recruitment gets straight to the point – we don’t just find great individuals – we build great teams.
With specialist delivery across the Sales & Marketing spectrum we offer insight and expertise into the Consumer, Retail, Technology, Automotive and Business to Business Markets. Founded by an experienced team with a passion for customer experience and effective delivery we provide the full range of recruitment solutions – contingent, retained search, advertised selection, talent pooling and discrete, informative market mapping. For our clients we live and breathe your cultures, provide open and honest consultation and strive at every turn to be an extension of your business. Without this we would just be another recruiter, lost in a sea of mediocrity and adding no value. For our candidates we are in a position to offer genuine insight and advice, having supported the career progression of thousands of candidates across the UK and Europe. For us, you are not just another applicant but someone who we will guide and represent in an engaging fashion, each and every time.