Business Development Manager (Glass) - Home Based Covering UK
- £30,000 - £35,000 Basic Salary
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in the specialist vehicle division of this market leading company which offers a variety of progression through not only this brand but the wider business which operates in 35 countries. Our client is looking for an experienced account manager who has a proven new business track record and preferably has experience of the HGV, bus/coach, rail and motorhome sectors.
Looking after the UK:
The Business Development Manager will have field based business to business (B2B) sales experience and preferably have knowledge of selling products/services into Haulage, Rail, Bus & Coach companies. You will enjoy finding prospects, building rapport, building relationships, presenting and closing deals. In addition you must possess the ability to communicate at board level and have the strategic and commercial skills to win and maintain profitable business for our client.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Generate new business through a mixture of telesales, cold calling, client visits, networking and referrals whilst managing a portfolio of ‘Special Division’ accounts.
- Self-generate leads and manage the sales cycle from beginning to end.
- Deliver proposals, presentations and reports to senior business leaders.
- Develop and monitor personal relationships with key accounts
- Build corporate relationships and maximise revenue and profit potential with existing customers
- To maintain and develop new business through networking and attending customer events
- Manage tender processes.
- Follow a structured sales process to sell solutions to new customers and close business.
- Ensure consistent, profitable new business wins.
- Drive new business together with maintaining and developing client relationships to grow revenue from those accounts.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for monthly and quarterly analysis.
- Organise and manage own diary and workload for maximum efficiency and output.
- Qualify and develop prospects/customers using a range of data sources including internal databases and CRM system.
- Negotiate trading terms in line with contractual agreements.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to influence key decision makers and win new business across the HGV, bus/coach, rail and motorhome sectors.
- Ability to build great internal stakeholder relationships to enable a smooth service delivery for each client.
- Management of sales targets and margin for an account portfolio.
- Ability to creating account development plans for large accounts and prospects.
- Computer literate with good understanding of Microsoft packages.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working remotely and managing their diary effectively.
- An excellent negotiator who can balance the requirements of both the company and the client to achieve results.
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication and is able adapt their style to suit each situation or audience.
- An enthusiastic, positive individual who is easy to work with and enjoys working as a team.
- Full UK driving licence and prepared to travel extensively across the UK.
How To Apply
Call Mark Walker on either 01494 590443 or 07701 283045.
PIE Recruitment gets straight to the point – we don’t just find great individuals – we build great teams.
With specialist delivery across the Sales & Marketing spectrum we offer insight and expertise into the Consumer, Retail, Technology, Automotive and Business to Business Markets. Founded by an experienced team with a passion for customer experience and effective delivery we provide the full range of recruitment solutions – contingent, retained search, advertised selection, talent pooling and discrete, informative market mapping. For our clients we live and breathe your cultures, provide open and honest consultation and strive at every turn to be an extension of your business. Without this we would just be another recruiter, lost in a sea of mediocrity and adding no value. For our candidates we are in a position to offer genuine insight and advice, having supported the career progression of thousands of candidates across the UK and Europe. For us, you are not just another applicant but someone who we will guide and represent in an engaging fashion, each and every time.