Business Development Manager (Public Sector)
Branch Based - Covering the UK
- £35,000 - £40,000 Basic Salary depending on experience
- £45,000- £50,000 OTE uncapped
- Company Car and Fuel Card
Our client is one of the UK’s largest privately owned vehicle rental providers who have been established for over 40 years. Due to continued success and growth in the vehicle rental sector they are looking for a Business Development Manager with particular expertise working with Public Sector frameworks, ideally from a vehicle rental background, however candidates with this experience outside of the vehicle rental sector will be considered.
Looking after the UK:
The Business Development Manager will need to thrive on finding prospects, presenting and closing deals. They will need to have the ability to build rapport quickly and have experience of negotiating with senior management.
This role will be based from branch but will combine working from the branch and travelling throughout the UK. Ideally you will be located close to either High Wycombe, Bristol or Birmingham.
The Business Development Manager will:
- To provide a professional and efficient Sales/Service to the Public Sector.
- To open new public sector accounts either within current framework agreements or through newly posted OJEU frameworks.
- Manage and agree an implementation plan for new accounts with both the customer and internal departments.
- To manage a portfolio of public sector accounts, be able to monitor and work within certain SLA’s as laid down under the tender/framework agreement.
- Work strategically to increase our levels of revenue under that agreement.
- Keep up to date with any changes within the public sector along with being aware when tenders/mini tenders are posted to market.
- To produce necessary reports for Customers, Sales Manager and Directors.
- To manage any customer queries day to day and liaise effectively with internal stakeholders to get them resolved within an agreed timeframe.
- Follow a structured sales process to sell solutions to new customers and close business.
- Ensure consistent, profitable new business wins.
- Lead bid opportunities.
- Organise and manage own diary and workload for maximum efficiency and output.
- Have a proven track record in new business acquisition within the Public sector.
- Qualify and develop prospects/customers
- In addition to this, the Business Development Manager will be:
- A proven new business closer with a passion for forging new relationships
- A proactive worker who is self-motivated to and used to being home based.
- A strong presenter and communicator.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- A self-starter who is comfortable working remotely and managing their diary effectively.
- An excellent negotiator.
- A confident presenter who can deliver tailored proposals to prospective clients of all sizes.
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication and is able adapt their style to suit each situation or audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong selling, negotiating, reporting and commercial skills.
- A proven history of over achieving.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to plan and ensure their time is managed efficiently.
- Able to work autonomously as well as working with the team.
- Capability of completing tenders under an OJEU framework.
- Understanding of the complexities of working within a multi layered sector.
- Full UK driving licence and prepared to travel extensively across the UK.
How To Apply
Call Mark Walker on either 01494 590443 or 07701 283045.
PIE Recruitment gets straight to the point – we don’t just find great individuals – we build great teams.
With specialist delivery across the Sales & Marketing spectrum we offer insight and expertise into the Consumer, Retail, Technology, Automotive and Business to Business Markets. Founded by an experienced team with a passion for customer experience and effective delivery we provide the full range of recruitment solutions – contingent, retained search, advertised selection, talent pooling and discrete, informative market mapping. For our clients we live and breathe your cultures, provide open and honest consultation and strive at every turn to be an extension of your business. Without this we would just be another recruiter, lost in a sea of mediocrity and adding no value. For our candidates we are in a position to offer genuine insight and advice, having supported the career progression of thousands of candidates across the UK and Europe. For us, you are not just another applicant but someone who we will guide and represent in an engaging fashion, each and every time.