Business Support Assistant
Salary: c£21 - £24K
Date posted: 27 August 2015
Job type: Permanent
Company: VMS Group
VMS Fleet Management is a forward thinking accident and fleet management company with offices based in East Anglia and Hertfordshire. VMS provides a wide range of services to blue chip fleet operators and Insurance Companies that includes Accident Management, Contract Hire, Repair and Maintenance Services, Salvage and Fleet Disposal.
Summary of role:
The primary responsibility of the Business Support Assistant is to ensure that all functions relating to the day to day operations of our Fleet Maintenance and Refrigeration divisions are completed in a timely and effective manner. The position requires an ability to take control of any tasks that might arise including but not limited to business development and customer / client liaison, preparation of reports and business profiles.
Whilst supporting with the Fleet Service Directors daily workload and meeting preparations, this role will also include fostering strong working relationships with clients. The Business Support Assistant will also be required to prepare statistical materials, undertake day to day administrative duties and be prepared to support other team members as necessary, as well as having impeccable communication skills and an excellent telephone manner.
The successful candidate will need to get to know the business well and be able to speak confidently about its products and services. Comfortable working within a small team, the Business Support Assistant will be able to co-ordinate the work of larger units. The successful applicant will be willing to 'pitch in' with less business critical matters such as photocopying, scanning and filing of confidential documents as required, ensuring at all times that confidentiality is maintained.
An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Adobe is required, as is a willingness to get to grips with a range of other software programmes.
We are looking for an energetic and positive person to pro-actively support the work of the team. This is a very busy, varied role which requires lots of flexibility, as well as attention to detail and excellent organisational skills. The successful applicant will be providing a wide range of support including but not limited to;
· Collating and preparing data for reporting purposes
· Preparing PowerPoint presentations, monitoring and managing various spreadsheet documents, close scrutiny of diary engagements.
· Confident in challenging colleagues when work is missing or needs completing etc.
· Keen eye for detail – able to scrutinise documents and identify mistakes, making necessary corrections where required.
· Organising all administration and keeping the general filing system up to date and accurate
· Reporting on performance within the team and following up on actions as agreed
· Liaising with team members on daily progress and future planning
· Producing reports as required in agreed formats
· Suggest and implement improvements and streamlining of processes where required
· Build relationships with each department to be fully integrated into the business
· Able to assess and prioritise own workload and that of the colleagues and provide support as required
· Handle confidential documents for filing into the company’s databases
The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of experience as a Senior Administrator, Operations or Office Manager, and will be comfortable with producing own reports, attending meetings as requested by the Fleet Services Director, as well as having some experience of managing and leading teams.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a real impact in this role, please submit a current copy of your CV to Christopher.Oak@vmsglobal.co.uk, stating where you saw the position advertised