We have a fantatsic opportuinity for a Defleet and Network Engineer to join our Damage Control team, which is part of the Fleet department and is responsible for dealing with the in hire damage to our fleet of around 50,000 vehicles.
Main duties / responsibilities:
- Utilise the computerised estimating systems to view images of repairs from our network of repairers.
- Negotiate and agree bodyshop and defleet repair methodology and costs.
- For mechanical repairs, contact the appropriate repairer to discuss, negotiate and agree the repair method and costs.
- If Required. Visit repairers and refurbishment sites to undertake the physical vehicle inspections.
- For total loss vehicles, calculate and apply insurance categories to MIAFTA database. Determine and manage the cost efficient disposal of salvage via approved agents.
- Ensure availability, utilisation and productivity targets are achieved, meeting all service level agreements for managed workflow and vehicle inspections.
- Support the team and wider business ensuring key cost drivers that influence repair cost, total loss volumes, repair cycle times and operational expenditure are controlled.
Key skills / knowledge required:
- Computer skills essential.
- Ability to use computerised vehicle estimating systems. (Audatex & Glassmatix)
- Understanding of manufacturer return standards
- Analytical skills.
- Calm and focused under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Preferably ATA accredited or working towards.
- Preferably a member of or working towards IAEA Qualification.
- Preferably a member of or working towards IMI Qualification.
- Relevant motor trade experience.