Director of Account Management
Our Client specialises in delivering technology solutions to the Automotive sector. Through their portfolio of platforms they enable their customers to manage all the activities involved from vehicle sourcing through to disposal.
These solutions are considered to be at the forefront of the recognised standards for the automotive sector, providing massive reductions in administration and increasing processing accuracy, thereby pushing down costs and raising service standards. They optimise e-commerce technology to allow unprecedented levels of control over the essential areas of fleet activity, providing customers with the tools to keep their employees, goods and services on the road in the most efficient possible way.
We are looking for a senior level candidate with excellent knowledge of the UK Fleet Industry. The successful candidate will have exceptional relationship building skills from board through to team leader level. They will have deep experience of managing and leading account teams and building and managing highly disciplined and effective account management processes.
Whilst delivering outstanding customer experience is critical, they will additionally be passionate about identifying and securing new revenue opportunities through up-selling and cross-selling opportunities. A commercial understanding of customer needs is also key in order to develop new, innovative products in conjunction with the MD and NPD teams.
On top of key commercial skills, cultural and behavioural fit is also vital. This role requires someone who is:
- very friendly, sociable and out-going
- enjoys working with and selling ideas to people
- is a good communicator, optimistic, tending to see the positive side of things
- is driving & energetic
- has a strong sense of urgency to get things done quickly
- works well under pressure and enjoys meeting tight deadlines
- is independent, persistent and decisive
- wants to take charge and show initiative
- has the strength to follow through and keep at it until s/he gets results
- is competitive, goal orientated and ambitious
- wants responsibility for and authority over people
- enjoys taking on difficult assignments
The Director of Account Management is a new position fand will play a significant role in the next exciting phase of growth. Working directly for the Managing Director, the role will take complete ownership for all existing revenue streams across the customer base.
Leading a team of 4 in delivering the customer strategy the key accountabilities will be as follows:
- In liaison with other key departments, ensure a full understanding of customer expectations and requirements in order to deliver the appropriate level of service
- Drive operational performance to deliver an exceptional service through setting and meeting performance targets, KPI’s and SLA’s for delivery, efficiency, and quality, whilst maximizing opportunities for generation of new sales.
- Develop and implement a structured and competitive environment to support our retention and growth strategy, which is measured and refined in accordance with customer and market trends.
- Ensure that all customers are delivered the standard of service defined for each service model segment and that customers allocated a named account manager (office or field based) have regular meetings (face to face or via the telephone), that are value add for the both the customer and the business. Build and develop professional relationships with peers, colleagues and 3rd parties and lead relationships with key stakeholders (internally and externally) in order to deliver and exceed specific customer requirements
- Ownership of the customer account management practices and processes to ensure that they are periodically reviewed and amended in line with business requirements to maximise customer retention and growth, whilst working in collaboration with key departments and stakeholders accordingly
- Provide the Managing Director, Product Support & Marketing with internal support, as required on ad-hoc activities or key business initiatives
- Act as an escalation point as required for complex customer queries or site visits are required whilst enabling the team to be empowered to manage them.
- With the Sales teams, proactive planning and management of the tender and contract renewal process, engaging with relevant stakeholders and governance to deliver first class tender responses for the retention and growth of the customer base
Contact Will Gardner from PIE Recruitment to find out more - 07584 231041 or email will.gardner@PIE-recruitment.com