Main Job Purpose:
Plan, direct and co-ordinate the operations, systems and procedures within the CM Specialist Vehicle Division, with overall responsibility for:
• Manufacturing operations within the division
• Sales administration including overseeing Tender submission and customer support operations within the division
• Delivering vehicles on-time to the right quality and cost
• Achieving profitability through contract performance and commercial / contract input and overview
Successful candidate will be responsible for c£4m (and growing) turnover business, and c30 employees within the division, with 6 direct reports.
• Manage business operations in CM Specialist Vehicle Division to achieve company objectives.
• Resolve divisional difficulties and ensure that all escalated issues are closed.
• Identify resources, assign workloads and manage schedules to ensure timely completion of tenders, contracts, engineering projects and production output.
• Ensure the team work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Assist in employee recruitment, performance evaluation, promotion, retention and termination when required.
• Identify skills gaps and provide appropriate training.
Production / Operations
• Ensure vehicles are produced on-time, on-cost, to the right quality.
• Develop and enforce best practice to optimise operational efficiency.
• Oversee staffing adjustments to obtain maximum productivity.
• Ensure all Health and Safety procedures, policies, PPE, COSHH and environmental rules are adhered to.
• Provide a safe working environment for all staff, sub-contractors and visitors.
• Ad-hoc duties as requested.
Sales administration and customer support operations
• Liaise with sales department to ensure continuity of workflow and agree customer delivery dates.
• Provide commercial input into quotation and tender pricing, as required.
• Ensure customer vehicle delivery targets are achieved.
Profit and Commercial
• Evaluate divisional performance and recommend new strategies for performance improvements.
• Recommend cost reduction initiatives whilst maintaining quality and productivity.
• Drive profitability through contracts via quotation stage, purchasing, manufacturing and engineering processes
The following characteristics are preferred:
• Manufacturing experience at manager level
• Commercial contract and profit experience
• Knowledge of office and admin procedures
• Proficient in relevant software applications
• Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
• Lean manufacturing experience desirable
• Outgoing, confident, and capable of working as part of and leading a growing team
• Trustworthy and reliable
About Woodall Nicholson Ltd and CM Specialist Vehicle Division
Woodall Nicholson is one of the oldest established coachbuilding companies in the UK, dating right back to the 1820’s. Although the company has a long heritage, it is now a very forward-looking group and is a substantial, broadly based company with over 220 employees and a turnover of c£30 million per annum.
The company’s activities are undertaken across 3 main divisions:
• CM Specialist Vehicle Division – leading supplier in the conversion of vehicles to police and emergency services fleet
• Coleman Milne – market leader in the supply of ceremonial funeral vehicles
• Mellor Coachcraft – market leader in the supply of accessible passenger carrying vehicles
Further details on Woodall Nicholson and CM Specialist Vehicle Division can be found at www.woodall-nicholson.co.uk and www.cmspecialistvehicles.co.uk
Applicants should apply online or send a covering letter and CV’s to Mr Mick Barlow, Operations Director, at Coleman Milne, Wigan Road, Westhoughton, Bolton, BL5 2EE.