As part of the Divisional Management team, you will be responsible for all transport and purchasing functions within the Aviation & Gateways Division. You will assist the management team with all technical issues relating to equipment operated and maintained within the operation.
Specifically you will:
- Manage the day-to-day vehicle fleet operation and ensure all procedures are adhered to.
- Lead and/or take an active part in various project teams in delivering the strategic business projects, providing solutions where possible.
- Have budget responsibility for all divisional vehicle maintenance and contract management of all maintenance providers to the Division at all locations.
- Assist all operations in the running of fleet, including LGV Operator Licensing.
- Plan and budget vehicle and equipment strategy and replacement.
- Liaise with procurement in all central purchasing projects and agreements.
- Manage suppliers and purchasing of all vehicles, equipment and goods specific to the division.
- Liaise with all business units and the management team with all technical issues relating to equipment operated and maintained within the operation.
- Assist the commercial department in gathering information for tender submissions and assist the HSQE department in the implementation and writing of ‘policy and procedures’.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- A qualification or proven experience in a technical discipline i.e. motor vehicle or mechanical engineering.
- A certificate of ‘Professional Competence in Road Transport Operations’ (CPC) - desirable.
- Knowledge of motor transport fleet management, specialist airport equipment and Operator Licensing.
- Knowledge in motor transport workshop management, including health & safety.
- Experience in project management and purchasing in a technical environment.
- Excellent IT skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- A full UK driving licence.