My client is a leading distributor and wholesaler of pharmaceutical, medical and healthcare products and looking for an experienced Fleet and Transport Manager based in Livingston reporting ino the Services Centre Manager.
- Ensure that transport labour costs fall within budget and monitor through the implementation of robust control mechanisms.
- Monitor vehicle running costs and investigate when costs are above expected threshold.
- Ensure robust mechanisms are in place for effective management of driver payments.
- The making of arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with hours and tachograph rules and with speed limits.
- The maintenance of the vehicles, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found.
- To ensure a system is in place for the reporting and recording of vehicle defects by drivers and thereafter the timely rectification of defects reported.
- To ensure compilation and the accuracy of all service and maintenance records kept, which must be for a period of not less than 15 months.
- To ensure that vehicle/s are not overloaded. To show due diligence regular weighing of vehicles/trailers
- To ensure that only authorised vehicles are kept at the authorised Operating Centre(s) when not in use.
- To carry out monthly checks of vehicles/trailers.
- Ensure all customer deliveries are made in the prescribed manner.
- Prepare and manage driver rotas to ensure trained cover for absence and appropriate vehicles are available.
- Ensure all documentation is filled in line with statutory requirements.
- Ensure vehicle fuel and oiling arrangements are controlled in the agreed manner.
- Complete monthly Fleet KPI's by agreed deadline and monitor performance. Address issues and create remedial action plans.
- Facilitate the completion of quarterly fleet audits and ensure issues are addressed through the execution of an action plan.
- Investigate customer services issues, provide prompt feedback and implement remedial actions to prevent similar issues.
- Ensure the department meets all H&S requirements and team members are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure the compliance of reverse delivery (Returns) of stock and totes (all types) back to the Service Centre
- Take appropriate steps to maintain IIP accreditation, agreeing clear objectives for direct reports and monitoring performance through annual appraisal process as per company guidelines.
- Take responsibility for all areas of people management for direct reports including coaching and nurturing talent and motivating the team through effective leadership.
- Provide coaching and guidance to colleagues in areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with management colleagues to drive efficiencies across the Service Centre promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assume responsibility for site operation in Service Centre Managers absence
How To Apply
Apply using this link: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/db4a6bc8dbbd