Stoke on Trent
£40,000 + Company Car and bonus scheme
9:00 am to 17:00 Monday to Friday
Due to our continued growth, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Fleet Manager to join our team based in Staffordshire. The successful candidate will report directly to the HR Director and will be responsible for running the company’s fleet of vehicles, delivering performance reports, and data from the various sources of fleet information, Fleet Management System, fuel-monitoring system, GPS and to provide data that drives improvement in the operation of the company’s fleet.
Ideally, the suitable candidate will be experienced in a similar role; however, as this role is still in its infancy it requires a self- motivated individual to develop the role within the set framework. Strong communication skills to support the development of future vehicle hire contracts, good numeracy/accuracy is vital with a solid understanding fleet and vehicle operations/management.
A current driving licence, Category B, is essential
· Improving fleet administration standards and policies for vehicle operation.
· Responsibility for registering and licensing each vehicle, and ensuring that licenses are always up to date.
· Maintain vehicle service and inspection records to ensure compliance with manufacturers' servicing schedules or leasing companies’ maintenance requirements and current legislation.
· Budget Management
· Management of the fleet records
· Delivery of KPI's in line with Business needs
· Management of the scheduling and planning of the vehicles MOT's and servicing
· Responsibility for all issues relating to driver H&S and environment performance
· Ensure effective communication processes are established and maintained for both internal and external customers
· Vendor relationship management
· Maximize productivity and cost effectiveness
· Continuous Improvement
· Management of spare parts and supplier
· Management of claims
· Manage Insurance database, Maximise DHL revenue ensure legal compliance
· Review of current fleet composition and recommendation of a vehicle acquisition strategy based on best practice in the context of the group's future requirements.
To excel in this role, you must possess the following skills
· Strong skills across fleet policy, vehicle and supply and asset management (essential)
· Experience in vehicle leasing, transport administration and transportation management
· Excellent communication and negotiating skills
· Business management, IT and organisational skills
· Proven ability to interpret figures and spot trends
· Flexible approach and capacity to make decisions
· Proven ability to meet targets
If you feel that you meet the requirements of this role please send a copy of your CV to Danielle Preston - HR Assistant via email [email protected]