Audit and Compliance Manager
Automotive Retail Group
£50,000 pa basic, £65k pa OTE + tax-efficient car, fuel & benefits
Renault Retail Group seeks a Group Internal Auditor to join their Head Office team.
Entitled ‘Group Audit and Compliance Manager’ (GACM), the selected individual will work on behalf of the Group Finance Director providing clear plans for operational and financial audits across a network of 19 dealerships. The GACM will then be a driving force to ensure delivery of these audits in a timely and effective manner.
This will be a high profile role with the candidate regularly interacting with dealership line managers, dealer principals and board members at Renault Retail Group’s London and Paris HQs as well as external auditors.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Working with finance and non-finance colleagues to deliver financial and operational audits
- Engaging with the dealership management teams, senior management and board of directors to ensure implementation of agreed action plans
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of the business and its subsidiaries to aid the board of directors by suggesting improvements to processes in order to increase profitability and manage risk
- Preparing internal audit reports and related board presentations
- Review and update of policy and procedure manuals
- Ensuring that the Financial Conduct Authority regulatory requirements are met
- Maintaining an oversight over the company’s complaints register
For this high-profile role the successful candidate will be/have:
- Eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full valid UK Driving License
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CIA qualification
- A proven track record of providing successful audits within a large or highly-regulated company; including risk-focused planning, testing, sampling and audit documentation best practice
- Strong communication skills with the ability to break down complex issues and present them in an appropriate manner for the specific audience
- Engaging, energetic and enthusiastic individual with the ability to inspire others
- An analytical mindset and the ability to manage large quantities of data and identify trends and outliers
- Flexibility to travel (including overnight stays) within the UK, most regularly to various sites in London, Hertfordshire, South Wales, Midlands and North West.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Specific auditing qualifications (IIA, CIA, IRCA, BSI)
- Experience in the automotive retail sector
- The ability to communicate in French, written and verbal.
In return we offer a basic salary of £50,000 pa, annual bonus (up to £65,000 pa OTE), company car from day 1, tax-efficient company car after 1 month’s service, business and private fuel, laptop and mobile phone. Fringe benefits including pension (4%, 4%), 24 days annual leave entitlement and health care.