Salary: £60-70k p.a. (up to £100k OTE)
Application deadline: 31st May 2016
Dearman is a global technology company delivering clean ‘cold and power’.
Dearman’s cutting-edge technology uniquely harnesses liquid air to deliver zero emissions power and cooling. It is developing a portfolio of proprietary technologies, products and services, which deliver significant reductions in operating cost, fuel usage and emissions, at low capital cost.
The first application of Dearman technology, to provide sustainable and efficient transport refrigeration, is currently undergoing trials.
The company is building an international reputation for innovation, rigour, commercial acumen and engineering excellence, all to fulfil its primary objective - to make the world a cleaner, cooler place.
Initially reporting to the deputy-CEO the Head of EU Sales will lead the sales team to deliver an ambitious new product introduction programme first within transport refrigeration and later stationary applications. You will lead a team to:
- meet or exceed company field trial and sales goals and maximise company revenues through closing transactions at most advantageous terms;
- Sets sales strategy, objectives and tactics to achieve company sales goals.
To do this, you will be expected to develop and lead engagement with our key partners (e.g. refrigeration equipment manufacturers), key account influencers (leasing and logistic companies), stakeholders (sustainability, fleet, procurement) and end users. You will also have an understanding of the roles of strategic partners (LiN suppliers etc) as part of the sales solution ecosystem.
The team will also be responsible for maintaining post deployment relationships with end users during the trials to drive repeat and follow on sales.
Additionally, you will:
· Manage sales and customer data
· Recruit, train and build a sales team
· Work with analysts to capture customer requirements and disseminate them to the engineering/product development teams
- Report to the senior management on sales and lead generation.
- Accurately forecast future sales
- Evolve sales strategy as necessary to deliver company sales goals
- Negotiate heads of terms for sales agreements
- Support development of major legal sales documentation/terms, etc
- Have awareness of legal documents e.g. NDAs, consultancy/partner agreements, etc. and assure their tracking
The successful candidate will be a self-starting motivated individual who gives the Board the confidence that they can open up new markets, and generate sales.
The candidate will have a demonstrated record of success selling via indirect channels and have an understanding of after sales support for industrial products.
They will ideally have taken a no/low market share company, from first trials to established market presence.
This will likely have included motivating and commanding resources including sales people, internal operational staff, and strategic partners to deliver customer solutions.
They will likely have recruited and trained other sales people.
They should be comfortable in industrial settings (truck depots/warehouses) and working in a “all hands to the pump” high growth company.
International experience and/or foreign language proficiency would be an asset, especially within the logistics industry or commercial vehicle sector.
Support Staff : 2 people; scope for growth
Please note, we will take all relevant experience into account when considering your application. To apply for this position, please submit a CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification to [email protected] We may appoint before the deadline.