Toyota GB Plc, one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for, are looking to fill the role of Light Commercial Vehicle Manager. Building on their passenger car heritage, Toyota have exciting plans for business growth in the Light Commercial Vehicle Market with major product developments in the pipeline.
This newly created role will be the focal point for all things LCV within Toyota GB – working closely with a wide range of stake-holders including the fleet sales team, dealers, marketing & Toyota Motor Europe. The role will be head-office based but involve considerable travel in the UK and occasional European travel.
This role offers excellent opportunities for future career progression and would suit a highly ambitious individual with a strong background in LCV sales – ideally working with both dealers and end-user customers. As well as having a detailed knowledge of the UK LCV market, customer requirements & legislation you will need first class business and communication skills. You will have the ability to influence and engage a wide range of internal and external stake-holders and drive forward the Toyota vision and strategy in the LCV market.
The purpose of this role is to develop, agree and implement Toyota GB’s LCV strategy and customer proposition acting as a key link and subject matter expert with internal departments, Toyota Motor Europe LCV department and with the Dealer Business Centre Network.
In addition you will support the TGB Fleet Sales team with customer requirement scoping and acquisition, working with other departments to ensure compliance, revenue generation and that we are easy to do business with.
· Current or very recent experience working in a sales role the UK LCV sector – ideally employed by another LCV manufacturer
· Strong LCV product knowledge.
· LCV competence in customer requirements, network development, legislation, conversion/adaptations.
· Perseverance and the ability to persuade others through rational and logical reasoning.
· Manage own time/self-starter.
· Negotiation and persuasion skills (for both internal and external customers)
· Strong presentation/analytical/planning skills.
· Experience working directly with dealers to develop LCV sales
· Experience in the specific sphere of B2B/ account development and an appreciation of the automotive fleet industry at large.
· Account management experience at senior level.
· General Management skills – including project and people management
· LCV Management experience from a strong LCV automotive brand
· Experience of the LCV category management.
Education and qualifications
· A-Level or equivalent – Essential
· Degree Level or equivalent - Desirable