Managing Director – Greater Manchester - Automotive
Every now and again a truly great job comes around, one that’s different and offers candidates real work excitement and personal satisfaction – In our opinion it does not get much better than this in the automotive sector.
This is a new position working within a very well established, profitable business. Your role will be managing the day-to-day sales and operational aspects of a company steeped in Classic Car and Classic Motorcycle sales. The business is already a leader in its field and intends to sustain its prominence in the market by continuously evolving its product range and route to market both nationally and internationally.
· Heading a very committed and product passionate team of people that are individually talented and placed to support you.
- You will be tasked with increasing the turnover of the business by encompassing and building upon the opportunities already identified and pursued by the business.
- Embracing and stretching the company’s strategic plans whilst bringing new ideas and perspectives to support the overall company vision.
- Being the brand champion as it underpins the company’s target position in the market.
- Continuing the company’s valuable relationships with buyers and sellers.
- Developing new business opportunities.
- Bringing knowledge and ideas to the web-development team to improve the company’s on-line presence and on-line trading.
· Educated to degree level; an MBA is highly desirable.
· A proven record of success, minimum 10 years, at a senior level in general management, preferably from an automotive-related or asset-remarketing industry
· At least 5 years’ experience as a sales team senior manager.
· Good understanding of IT, IT platforms, digital marketing and on-line trading.
· A high level of commercial awareness, including mergers and acquisitions.
· A solid understanding of financial management together with wider management principles and techniques to include external funding and financial partnerships.
· Excellent leadership, communication, delegation and organisational skills.
· By using your positive, personable, outgoing personality and drive you will promote the business at national and international classic car events and sales.
- You will be a visionary, action-orientated person whose beliefs will reinforce the company’s philosophy of “right first time”.
- Commercially aware and innovative when dealing with partners and clients, your depth of understanding and ability to anticipate their commercial needs and expectations means you will ensure the team delivers successfully.
- A serial networker who thrives on mixing and engaging with influencers and decision makers who can bring benefits to the business.
- You will be a collaborative and hands-on leader who is both energetic and flexible and has an eye for detail.
- It is likely that you will be a classic car enthusiast or at least understand the automotive retail market and/or experience relating to historic and classic cars.
- This is a full-time role and would require the individual to live within a commute of head office. Consideration will be given to relocation after a successful 12-month term.
- A full British driving licence is required as there will be regular travel throughout the UK.
The package is negotiable.
Call Derek Webb to discuss in confidence on 01889 591554 or send full CV with salary detail.
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.